Olympics, TV and Working Out
Oh man the Olympics are here! It’s July 27th and we’ve been counting down the days at work until the Olympics. (And it just so happens to be our last day of work before vacation starts!!!!)
With the Olympics starting today, I guarantee TV/Computer consumption will be on the rise. Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to be glued to the TV/Computer watching as many events as I can. BUT, we all need to remember during this amazing event, that WE still need to be active.
During the Olympics, don’t forget to set your own goals:
- weekly workouts
- maybe working out during your lunch break so you can watch a certain event at night
- Use light weights (3 lbs, 5 lbs etc.) and get in an arm workout while watching swimming
- challenge yourself to a plank – a – day while watching an event
- do a workout for each event (squats for the 100m race, run on your treadmill during the marathon)
- pretend to be a boxer
- eat healthy snacks and hydrate well
- during a break (half time etc) get up and go for a quick walk, do jumping jacks – get your heart pumping
- have an olympic party to watch an event – but also add in a little fitness challenge for your guests!
- don’t become a couch potatoe – it’s just going to be that much harder to start working out again after the Olympics
And don’t forget about the Paralympics August 29th – Sept 9th. Have you seen these athletes in action? They simply amaze me.
Enjoy the Olympics – but don’t forget to be active.
Do you watch the Olympics?
Who are you cheering for?
How are you going to maintion your fitness level during the Olympics?
GO CANADA GO!