Vegan Pesto Linguine
Trying to feed our family the same meal on most days is challenging. Between a picky eating two year old, my vegan husband and 22 weeks pregnant me, I sometimes struggle to find a meal we can all eat. I love pesto sauces but most are not vegan friendly.
I took the plunge and bought some basil at our local farmer’s market a few weeks ago, with the intentions of finding a vegan recipe online later that day. I was in search of the perfect vegan pesto recipe and finally managed to come across one on the Veggieful Blog. If you are looking to become a vegan or educate yourself on what is a vegan, you should check out her post on Vegan Pantry Staples.
Here is Veggieful’s Pesto Linguine (vegan).
Vegan Pesto Linguine Ingredients:
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/3 cup pine nuts (or any other nuts such as walnuts or cashews)
4 cups basil leaves
salt and pepper
1/2 small lemon, juiced
1/3 cup olive oil.
400g linguine (or a pasta of your liking)
2 cherry tomatoes, halved
Option: serve with fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and vegan parmesan cheese.
1. In food processor, add all sauce ingredients except for the olive oil. Process until smooth.
2. Once th sauce is smooth, keep processing and add the olive oil gradually until well combined.
3. Cook linguine as per packet instructions.
4. While the linguine is cooking, add the sauce and halved cherry tomatoes to large serving bowl.
5. Drain pasta and add to bowl and toss to combine.
6. Serving options: Serve with salt and pepper, fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and vegan parmesan cheese.
The final results (mine with real parmesan cheese)
Everyone loved it.
Seriously, you NEED to try this – it’s amazing.
The second time I made this, I made a little extra and we used it on the base as a pizza sauce.
Healthy eating awaits you.
What’s your favourite recipe you’ve found on a blog?
Share it in the comments section.