Guessing Game: Is it a Boy or Girl ?
We’ve chosen not to find out the sex of our baby, as we did with Lilly. It was a great surprise for us when she was born and are wanting that again this time around. Friends and family have been asking “so, what do you think it is?” . Most days I think it’s another girl, but then I change my mind and think it’s a boy.
I recently came across this list on Gender Prediction: How to guess the gender of your baby from iVillage.
It’s a boy if:
- You didn’t experience morning sickness in early pregnancy. Morning sickness extreme, still on meds for nausea.
- Your baby’s heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute. Has been around 140, 130 and 110 at times.
- You are carrying the extra weight out front. Yes.
- Your belly looks like a basketball. Yes.
- Your areolas have darkened considerably. Do you really need to know this?
- You are carrying low. I don’t think so.
- You are craving salty or sour foods. Sometimes.
- You are craving protein — meats and cheese. Yes, third trimester big time. It’s like I can’t get enough in me.
- Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy. Nope.
- The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy. Nope.
- Your hands are very dry. Nope.
- Your pillow faces north when you sleep. My pillow faces the same way for the past 3.5 years.
- Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with you. Nope.
- Pregnancy has you looking better than ever. Well, I don’t want to toot my own horn….
- Your urine is bright yellow in color. Again, do you need to know this?
- Your nose is spreading. Don’t think so.
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles. Haven’t tried.
- You are having headaches. Had quite a few first trimester but I blame that on exhaustion.
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number. Odd number.
It’s a girl if:
- You had morning sickness early in pregnancy. Yes, pretty extensive morning, afternoon and evening sickness that lasted well into my second trimester but slowed down a bit around 23 weeks. It increased again around 30 weeks.
- Your baby’s heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute. Around that.
- You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear. Nope
- Your left breast is larger than your right breast. Not that I’ve noticed.
- Your hair develops red highlights. Does that include getting read highlights from my hair dresser, recently?
- You are carrying high. Not overly high.
- Your belly looks like a watermelon. Feels like a watermelon or a basketball.
- You are craving sweets. Yes – oh how I love chocolate.
- You are craving fruit. Sure did this summer – couldn’t get enough in me.
- You crave orange juice. Not really.
- You don’t look quite as good as normal during pregnancy. I think I look better this pregnancy.
- You are moodier than usual during pregnancy. Not really but you should ask my husband.
- Your face breaks out more than usual. Nope.
- You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread. I always refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread.
- Your breasts have really blossomed! Well, I am pregnant. Hummm…..
- Your pillow faces south when you sleep. Nope.
- Your urine is a dull yellow color. I pee a lot - that’s all you really need to know.
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side. Haven’t tried.
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number. Yes.