As I took Maclean out for a quick morning walk and thought, ugh I don’t want to run at lunch today!
I had this feeling that it just wasn’t what I wanted to do during my hour-long lunch break. So when we got home I started to write for a few minutes and this is what I came up with:
- I really don’t want to run at lunch.
- I had a great work out last night, I don’t need to work out today.
- It’s winter and it’s +1 c outside (humm…that’s not so bad).
- My house is warm and cozy (it’s always going to be warm and cozy…like tonight).
- I kinda don’t want to sweat (ha – that’s just pathetic)
- I remembered my weekly work out goals I wrote down (crap, now I have to run)
I ran faster today. I ran longer today. My running felt like it did before I had Lilly – that was a great feeling. I began to think about things. Like a comment a friend posted on my giveaway post – she talked about potty training her son before her second child was born (a daughter). And I thought…I need to talk to her; how did she do it, does she recommend any books, tips and that’s when I realized I forgot I was running.
Now, this picture is either me with my hands in the air with excitement after my run OR me with the camera above my head taking a picture in a dirty mirror after my run.
What do you think about when you run or work out?
Don’t forget to enter my first giveaway: Charlie Banana Giveaway!