I’ve been trying to find foods our daughter will eat which is sometimes challenging. She’s a picky eater and doesn’t eat any vegetables …. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man.
I am across this dip back in January from the Daily Garnish and thought I would try it out. Well, it’s taken me weeks to finally get the items for the recipe, and list isn’t long … crazy eh! Grocery shopping with a toddler isn’t always fun so I’ve been doing small runs here and there after work or on my lunch break. Today, I took Lilly grocery shopping and it wasn’t bad because it wasn’t busy and we were in and out in no time. Not to mention she always makes a few new friends while out and about.
“Cheesy” Black Bean Dip from Daily Garnish:
- 1 can tri-bean blend (kidney, pinto, black) * I made the mistake of getting chic peas, kidney etc – I’ll stick to her recommendation of kidney, pinto and black beans next time.)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt *I used sea salt as that’s all I have.
- tortilla chips
- I also added 1 teaspoon of ground flax-seed – I had this to everything.
1. Rinse and drain beans.
2. Put all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth!!!!!!!
3. All done – eat with tortilla chips.
My only food critic at the moment is Lilly. She tried it and came back for more!!! Success … at least for today! This was such an easy dip to make, so tasty and VEGAN!!! I know my husband is going to love it.
This is tasty Mom!