I’ve been wanting to make Blueberry Oat Muffins the last few days and I finally decided last-minute to make some (last night). So, I used my friend called “Google” and searched for vegan blueberry oat muffins. I couldn’t make normal muffins (with eggs, milk etc) as my husband is a vegan. I came across this blog called Making Good Choices….new to me.
There are SO MANY blogs out there, sometimes I wonder how we come across some of them. Oh, right search engines like my buddy Google. For those bloggers out there – have you looked at your “search engine terms”: what people type into a search engine to arrive at your blog??? A few of my favourites from this blog:
- a person eating healthy food (does Jr. Mints count ?)
- diapered by my wife (hummm…)
- gym bag lunch
- exercise motivation (that’s more on track)
- 1 ripened banana
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar (I used white sugar as we had nothing else in stock)
- 4 tbsp flax meal (placed in 8 tbsp of water, let sit for 5 minutes) *the equivalent of vegan eggs*
- 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat (I used whole wheat with grains cause that’s what we had)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup applesauce (I might have used less as I had to use some of Lilly’s small individual applesauce)
- 1/3 cup milk of your choice (I used coconut milk)
- 1.5 cups frozen blueberries (I used fresh – well as fresh as they can get this time of year)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Optional: 3 tbsp chia seeds in 6 tbsp water, let sit for 5 minutes (I skipped this step as we don’t have chia seeds)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, oats, cinnamon, sugar and mix.
- Next, add flax meal, banana, milk, chia seeds and applesauce to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add baking soda and powder. Mix then add blueberries. Fold in to batter.
- Spray a muffin pan and spoon batter into pans. Top with a sprinkle of sugar and oats.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Makes about 14 medium-sized muffins. (It make so many muffin’s)
These were so delicious. Amazing, hot right out of the oven. My husband and I had a small one right away. This morning my daughter gobbled up 2 small muffins; Sai and I each had one. I believe these are now my favourite muffins to make and eat. The combination of oats, banana and blueberries – just delish!
For another great (and easy) recipe – check out my post on No Bake Energy Bites. I’ve made these numerous times since the posting.
Happy eating…oh I mean Go Get Active 🙂
Have you searched for recipe’s online and came across an amazing recipe?
Share it with us here.