The Summer Olympic 2012 Games in London are upon us: July 27th – August 12th and Paralympic Games August 29th – Sept 9th 2012.
I was pretty excited to see that the Canadian Women’s Soccer team made it but sad to say the Men’s team did not. The women are in Group F with Japan (last year’s World Cup Champions), Sweden and South Africa.
- During the London 2012 Football competition, approximately 2,400 footballs (soccer balls) will be used.
- The Canoe Sprint 200m race will make its Olympic debut at London 2012.
- Around 700 water polo ball will be used during the competition.
- Goal Ball: Athletes wear blackout masks on the playing court, which allows persons with varying degrees of vision to participate together.
- Blind swimmers have to wear blackened goggles to ensure that competition is fair. Goggles are removed at the end of the race and checked by an official.
For all those mom’s out there, check out this video: Best Job
What’s your favourite Summer/Winter Olympic Sport to watch?