I’ve been on the search for Vegan Brownies when I came across this recipe on Pinterest. It’s called Low Fat Zucchini Brownies and claims to be on the weight watchers plan! I’m more excited that they are vegan then low-fat. Also, I do like that Lilly is getting some sort of veggies in her when eating this brownie. (I only put the walnuts in an “L” shape – not for Lilly but I totally should have said that. I put them in an “L” shape because the section without walnuts Lilly can eat. She hasn’t eaten many nuts and I didn’t want anything to happen).
Low Fat Zucchini Brownies – Ingredients:
1/2 cup applesauce
2 small or medium bananas mashed
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups of finely shredded zucchini
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour an 9×13 inch baking pan (I used a smaller one)
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and sugar.
- Add vanilla and coca and mix together.
- Then add baking soda, salt, and zucchini and mix together.
- Add flour and walnuts and mix together.
- Spread evenly into a prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.
Makes 24 servings.
Fresh out of the oven, my husband put milk over his: