I love prenatal yoga – it’s the only time I’ve been successful at practicing yoga for some reason.
When I was pregnant with Lilly, I started a class at 14 weeks pregnant and took my last class at 36 weeks (then went into labour the next night).
This time around there were no summer classes being offered, so I wait. A class is starting next Wednesday and I am really looking forward to it. In the mean time, I’ve been trying this oneout: 10 Minute Prenatal Yoga from Fit Sugar:
I set my goals last Sunday after have a great week working out…we’ll….let’s say “being active” at 25/26 weeks pregnant. And I failed pretty darn good at them this week!
That’s life. I’ll get to my workouts in a minute.
I’ve been making a lot of smoothies this summer, much to Lilly’s delight. She loves them too. Recently, I got tired of making them individually and decided to “package” them and freeze them to take out when I want one.
What I did:
- Cut all the fruit I wanted in the smoothie
- Put a little bit of all the fruit in a zip lock bag – had 3 smoothies ready to go!
- Made 1 smoothie to drink right away
- Froze the rest in the freezer
- Take out 1 bag when I want a smoothie
- Orange (I used a grapefruit as I didn’t have any oranges and didn’t love it until I made it again with an orange)
- Coconut Yogurt
- Other: You can add a protein powder, chia seeds, other tropical fruit.
Last week’s workouts: September 2nd – September 9th: You can read last week’s goals here.
Sunday September 2nd
- Walked around the Zoo with Lilly for 1 hour
- 30 minute walk at night
Monday September 3rd
- Went to bed at 8pm – so tired
Tuesday September 4th
- Went to bed at 8pm – tired again – no workout 😦
Wednesday Sept 5th
- No workout – was on the road all day and on my own with Lilly for 3 days (while working)
Thursday Sept 6th
- Walked for 30 minutes at night
Friday Sept 7th
- Decided not to work out but watch TV and read baby books with hubby
Saturday Sept 8th
- Spend the day running … okay walking around doing errands (very successful day when you don’t have a toddler around)
- Walked for 30 minutes at night – amazing temperature to be outside walking
Sunday September 9th (during Lilly’s nap)
- Fit MOM DVD 25 minutes roughly
- 10 minutes Prenatal Yoga via Fit Sugar
Goals for this week:
Monday: Fit Mom DVD or rest
Wednesday: was planning on going to Prenatal Yoga Class but it’s cancelled this week 😦 I will rest as I have 4 meetings at work on Wednesday – yikes!
Friday – rest
Saturday – unknown at this point, something with the family and maybe a walk.
Sunday – walk or Fit Mom DVD
Let’s see how well I make out this week!
What workouts did you do this week?
Do you plan your workouts?
What’s your favourite smoothie?
Motivation Monday (getting close to wrapping this up)
What I Ate Wednesday (haven’t done in a while)
Second Hand Shopping (for those who know me, I suck at it)