The weeks are flying by now! We’ve hit 32 weeks already! Here’s what’s been going on.
Age of Toddler: 28 months ( 2 years 4 months old)
Baby’s Movement: We have a boxer in there! Baby is getting so strong and still very active. We can now identify elbows. Pretty crazy stuff going on in there
Baby items we bought: We have all of Lilly’s clothing, toys, bedding and cloth diapers still, so we’re pretty good here. But there are still a few things that we bought or had to get since it’s a winter baby.
- Bought an awesome car seat cover for $8 at a second-hand shop
- Bought a “sleeping bag” for the stroller for $4 at a Children’s sale (POMBA)
- Bought random sleepers for the winter months as Lilly was born in June they are all short-sleeved
Belly Button: Flat!
- Putting on my sexy compression stockings. It’s already hard to touch my feet but putting it on before I get out of bed is like a mini workout for me! ha!
- Managing a full day of work, stuff at home (dinner, dishes, laundry etc) and finding time to be active.
- Skim milk by the glass! (I never drink milk on its own, being lactose intolerant, milk hasn’t been a love of mine)
- Apples (maybe because we just went apple picking)
- Protein: skim milk, yogurt, chicken, salmon, cheese ….
- Prenatal Yoga at home from You Tube
- Ball exercises
Gender: Unknown, it’s a surprise for us
Maternity Clothing: Starting not to fit as well as before😦 But rediscovered my belly bands.
My Mood: No so emotional the last two weeks, pretty happy.
Preparation for baby #2:
- Lilly – reading her lots of “BIG SISTER” books, talking to her about changes that will take place and what she can do to help us bathe the baby, put it to bed before she goes to sleep etc.
- Baby’s Room: see still to do below
- Ordered “Newborn” cloth diapers. I bought 1 cause it was so darn cute and have ordered the rest. We tried to put Lilly in cloth diapers right away however she was so small 6 lbs 13 oz and dropped to 5lbs 11oz. She didn’t fit into our “one size fit’s all” diapers until she was two months. That was a lot of disposable diapers.
Sleep: Is pretty chopped up these days. I can manage about 3-4 hours in a row and then wake up to pee or have to roll over – which if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you’d know how painful that is for me. I’m okay with not sleeping for long hours, I just don’t enjoy the pain that comes will rolling over to my other side.
Some nights I pass out between 6 – 7 pm – pure exhaustion.
Still to do:
- Pack hospital Bag. Yes, I’ve already started this one – have a few random things in the bag. I packed Lilly’s a few hours before I went into labour (had a few signs it could happen soon) and wrote our birth over dinner that night.
- Write birth plan – review with our Doctor.
- Finish cleaning up the “baby’s room” – about 75% done. This was our spare room, so I’m looking for places to
hideput stuff away.
- Purchase random items, cloth diapers (and prep them) and a few other things.
- Remember how to put baby’s seat in the car (do this early November – just in case).
- Exhaustion (went to bed many nights between 6pm and 7:30pm!)
- Nausea is increasing again – that’s just not fair
- Ligament pain is decreasing
- Upper back pain is increasing out of nowhere!
- Heartburn is increasing
- My feet/legs are swelling if I am sitting or standing too much – now wearing fancy compression stockings! Pair that with my sexy maternity (lower) back brace and I’m one hot mama-t0-be Don’t be jealous.
What I am worried about at this point:
- Going into labour early (again). Lilly was born at 36 weeks, 2 days.
- Working too long. With Lilly, I was put off work at 35 weeks (Friday) and went into labour Sunday night.
- What to do with Lilly when I do go into labour/head to the hospital. Lilly’s birth was…umm…rather quick. Not really knowing I was in labour, my water broke at 10:30pm, we got to the hospital around 11pm and she was out at 2:22am (it was a natural birth).
Difference in Pregnancy:
If you missed it, my 30 week update.
Next update: 34 weeks – woah!