We’ve chosen not to find out the sex of our baby, as we did with Lilly. It was a great surprise for us when she was born and are wanting that again this time around. Friends and family have been asking “so, what do you think it is?” . Most days I think it’s another girl, but then I change my mind and think it’s a boy.
I recently came across this list on Gender Prediction: How to guess the gender of your baby from iVillage.
It’s a boy if:
- You didn’t experience morning sickness in early pregnancy. Morning sickness extreme, still on meds for nausea.
- Your baby’s heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute. Has been around 140, 130 and 110 at times.
- You are carrying the extra weight out front. Yes.
- Your belly looks like a basketball. Yes.
- Your areolas have darkened considerably. Do you really need to know this?
- You are carrying low. I don’t think so.
- You are craving salty or sour foods. Sometimes.
- You are craving protein — meats and cheese. Yes, third trimester big time. It’s like I can’t get enough in me.
- Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy. Nope.
- The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy. Nope.
- Your hands are very dry. Nope.
- Your pillow faces north when you sleep. My pillow faces the same way for the past 3.5 years.
- Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with you. Nope.
- Pregnancy has you looking better than ever. Well, I don’t want to toot my own horn….
- Your urine is bright yellow in color. Again, do you need to know this?
- Your nose is spreading. Don’t think so.
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles. Haven’t tried.
- You are having headaches. Had quite a few first trimester but I blame that on exhaustion.
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number. Odd number.
It’s a girl if:
- You had morning sickness early in pregnancy. Yes, pretty extensive morning, afternoon and evening sickness that lasted well into my second trimester but slowed down a bit around 23 weeks. It increased again around 30 weeks.
- Your baby’s heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute. Around that.
- You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear. Nope
- Your left breast is larger than your right breast. Not that I’ve noticed.
- Your hair develops red highlights. Does that include getting read highlights from my hair dresser, recently?
- You are carrying high. Not overly high.
- Your belly looks like a watermelon. Feels like a watermelon or a basketball.
- You are craving sweets. Yes – oh how I love chocolate.
- You are craving fruit. Sure did this summer – couldn’t get enough in me.
- You crave orange juice. Not really.
- You don’t look quite as good as normal during pregnancy. I think I look better this pregnancy.
- You are moodier than usual during pregnancy. Not really but you should ask my husband.
- Your face breaks out more than usual. Nope.
- You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread. I always refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread.
- Your breasts have really blossomed! Well, I am pregnant. Hummm…..
- Your pillow faces south when you sleep. Nope.
- Your urine is a dull yellow color. I pee a lot – that’s all you really need to know.
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side. Haven’t tried.
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number. Yes.
This really hasn’t helped me determined what we are having.
Both of our parents (mother’s) had girl, boy, girl etc.
To be honest, I’m aiming for a healthy baby.
If we have another girl, great – we have lots of clothing.
If we have a boy – oh man – we will be blest with one of each.
It’s a win win either way 🙂
Not taking guesses on when the baby arrive, as Lilly was born 4 weeks early, I don’t want to jinx it.
Did you find out what sex you where having?
Did you wait until the baby was born to find out?