This weekend seemed to go by pretty fast. I didn’t spend any time on email, Facebook or this blog and now in catch up mode! Sometimes I love unplugging for the weekend. I didn’t even carry my blackberry with me – freedom!
It was a busy weekend for our family and went a little something like this:
- Worked 1/2 day
- Made vegan chili
- Made Pumpkin/Banana muffins – Yum!
- Picked up Lilly/made dinner for Lilly/played/normal bed time routine – my husband bathed Lilly while I did dishes/baking
- I ate dinner at 8pm, crazy late and from Subway. I just wasn’t in the mood to make anything – oh Friday’s
- Bed around 10ish
- Husband had a fire call at 2am – was back home at 4am
- I was up from 4am until 5:50am
- 5:50am Lilly woke up and came to cuddle in our bed (somehow I fell back asleep)
- 7:30am We all got up “Time to get up” Lilly told us
- Ate breakfast while Sai walked Maclean
- Got ready for our Halloween Party
- 10am – 12:30pm Halloween Party for the kids … who I am kidding it was more for the adults to get together and the kiddies to dress up and play together. It was our prenatal group from back in 2010! We still get together a few times throughout the year. It’s so amazing to see how much they’ve all grown and developed. They all play so well together.
- 1:30pm Nap time for Lilly and I (we slept for 2.5 hours) – My husband went to the fire hall as he had duty crew this weekend.
- 5:00pm I crashed again – layed down for almost 1.5 hours – apparently I was exhausted
- Lilly and Sai had a picnic dinner in the basement 🙂 Awww, wish I had a spy camera on them.
- 6:45pm I bathed Lilly – not an easy thing to do at 33+ weeks pregnant and bedtime stories.
- My husband and I watched Grey’s Anatomy since I can’t manage to stay awake on Thursday nights to watch it
Ladybug Lilly and her Gnome friend.
- I slept all night (okay, minus 4 trips to the bathroom) – but I managed to not be awake at 4am – this was a first in weeks!!!!
- Lilly climbed in bed with us around 6:30 and we got up at 7:15
- Made oatmeal for breakfast – man I missed eating oatmeal for breakfast (still haven’t tried overnight oats, which is on my list of things to try)
- My husband went to “school” for the day/training for ski patrolling
- Lilly and I went to get a few groceries for “mommy, daddy, Lilly and baby” – Lilly’s words not mine.
- Then we met our friends Jack and Jolene at the ZOO!!!! Probably our last trip as they close in a few weeks. It was dead – maybe 5-6 cars in the parking lot. The monkey’s were going crazy and the black bear was pacing in his pen. Nice day out until Lilly and Jack both dropped their apples in the sand. Tantrums began 😦
- Made it home (30 minute drive) without Lilly falling asleep! Bonus!
- Had Lunch
- 1:30pm Lilly and I went down for a nap until 3:45pm!
- 4pm Skype with Nan in England – always a great way to end the weekend.
- 6pm Ate dinner (Salmon, mashed potatoes, carrots and corn; tofurky sausage for the vegan)
- 7pm Lilly, bathed, books and off to bed (Daddy)
- 7pm Clean dishes, folded 2 loads of laundry (Me) and my husband folded a load too! xo
- 8pm Email, Facebook and a little Blogging
Busy weekend we had but I wouldn’t change it at all.
What did you do this weekend?
Anyone run in a race ?
I miss running a lot … but it’s just not on the table this late in my pregnancy.
Am living vicariously through many runners who blog.
Attend a Halloween party (for kids or adults?)
What are you/your kids dressing up for Halloween?