We’ve made it to 34 weeks with only aches, pains, many sleepless nights, multiple naps and 1 random hospital visit – not bad!
Weeks: 34 now.
Baby’s Movement: Rolling, stretching and loving my rib cage. Sometimes the movements are sudden and sometimes they go on forever and entertain other people.
Baby items we bought: We didn’t buy anything in the last two weeks.
Belly Button: Flat – kinda odd seeing it so flat.
- Finding my days are getting harder to get through. Completely exhausted by the time I get home.
- Out of breath – even when talking – kinda embarrassing when you’re at a meeting and have to stop and take a breath. Feels like baby is on my lungs all the time.
Cravings: No cravings in the last 2 weeks… well other than soy chocolate milk. I may need an IV put in with a bag of Silk Chocolate Milk attached!
Exercise: Pretty minimal at this point. Lots of walking – short walks 10 – 20 minutes, extra laps around the grocery store, parking further away from entrances, being outside and active with Lilly. We went to the Zoo one day and walked for almost 2 hours, followed by a 2 hour nap 🙂
Exercise wish list: An awesome prenatal yoga class and to swim.
Gender: Not sure. Wanna guess? Check out last week’s post here: Guessing Game.
Maternity Clothing: Getting tight on the belly. Some pants are falling down! Yes, falling down, I don’t get it.
Mood: Starting to get tired and getting close to “hitting the wall”.
Preparation for Baby #2:
- Lots of talks with Lilly about the baby. She’s been telling us she is going to share this or that with the baby, bath the baby etc. We do family hugs in the evening before bed and recently talked to her about the baby being in our family hugs soon – she seemed happy about that.
- Lilly loves putting stuff in the baby’s room (nappies, clothing, etc), very eager to help out when it comes to stuff for the baby.
- Hospital Bag packed with a few more things – not 100% ready but well on its way
- Still need to write-up our birth plan before our appointment next week (35 weeks).
Sleep: I seem to be up every morning from 4:00 – 5:30am. I simply can’t fall back to sleep during that time. Taking lots of naps when I can.
Still to do:
- Finish packing hospital bag
- Purchase and wash/prep cloth diapers before baby arrives
- Finish getting last-minute things out of the baby’s room and set it up 100%
- Figure out a plan for Lilly when we go into labour.
- Tones of Braxton Hicks contractions – not awesome.
- Hips/back are always sore but massages help with that.
- Forgetfulness (my husband just told me something 20 minutes ago and apparently I didn’t remember that I already asked, ha ha ha).
What I am looking forward to at this point:
- Of course – meeting this little baby of ours
- Introducing Lilly to her brother or sister
- Running again (I’ve thought a lot about this today)
- Christmas 🙂
What I am worried about at this point:
- Early Labour
- Having a premature baby again
Wedding Rings: Both (engagement and wedding band) still on but more comfortable when I wear only one.
Difference in pregnancy #2 Photos:
Okay – these two picture are completely unflattering pictures BUT they are the only pictures I have at 34 weeks.
I took the right picture tonight as I realised I haven’t taken any in a while – looks like I’m wearing a black onesie.
Trust me when I say I’m not.
Oh, the things we share on blogs.
Next update: 36 weeks.
Woah, Lilly was born at 36 weeks 2 days….let’s hope I have an update for you on the pregnancy not the birth.