Back in June, Eat Run Sail mentioned me in their Shout Out to Some Canadian Fitness Bloggers and tagged Piper’s Run for a pretty cool award. I’ve enjoyed following your blog and comments you leave for me. Getting to the West Coast of Canada is on my list of things to do – I’ll keep you posted when we make our way there 🙂
One Lovely Blog Award 🙂
Thanks Eat Run Sail
Here is how to participate:
1) Post the award logo and picture on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2) Tell seven things about yourself.
3) Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers whom you think deserve the award.
4) Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them they have been nominated!
So, here we go
Seven Things You Don’t Know About Me:
1. I like painting my finger nails when they are super short. Weird – maybe. I just find the colour looks better on short nails than long nails. My nails are purple right now.
2. I am on the fence if I ever want to run a FULL MARATHON. It’s not on my bucket list yet because I want to run another 1/2 marathon first and see if I can balance training for the distance, raising a family of 2, working full-time and not failing at any of those things. Plus a FULL MARATHON is a lot of commitment and a crazy distance I am unsure about. If i do consider one it would be after my next 1/2 marathon.
3. I want to run in every major race in Nova Scotia; be it a 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon or shorter distance. I want to explore my province through running races. I’ve explored it while playing competitive soccer for numerous years but a soccer fields doesn’t differ from another soccer field. Running races have different locations, times of year, require traveling with my family and supporting local events.
4. I want to take a photography course someday. I love taking pictures and having acquired my husbands nice Sony camera since Lilly was born. Hey – I didn’t want to miss a moment. But seriously, I would love to learn more about photography and eventually take pictures of friends baby’s, weddings etc, as a hobby.
5. I love the name Liam. It’s my ultimate boy’s name. I’ve loved it since I was a teenager and convinced myself that if I ever had a boy, we’d name it Liam. Well, when I got married, I inherited many nieces and nephews – one named Liam. We can’t have two Liam S. in the same family – even if one is in England and ours would be in Canada. I.Just. Can’t. Do. It.
6. I want to hike Mount Kilimanjaro. This has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. It’s a place that I hope my husband and maybe even children can travel to some day and hike/experience.
7. I am secretly waiting for the snow to fall (guess it’s not a secret anymore). I LOVE winter, I think I may even LIVE for winter and snow. After working for 5 winters at an outdoor centre, it has given me a better appreciation for winter. I learned to cross-country ski (one of my favourite things to do) and snowshoe. That winter camping can be just as fun as summer camping. That Broomball is a competitive sport that I love (and miss doing) – even all those bruises on my knees. I also love running in the winter – I think I actually peak at running in the winter! I sure am looking forward to the first snow fall in Nova Scotia.
Nominate other bloggers:
8 thoughts on “Shout Out to Some Fitness Bloggers”
Hello from the Left Coast! So glad you decided to take part and it’s fun getting to know more about you. Mount Kilamanjaro is on my list too… I know a women who did it for her 50th birthday and it sounds wonderful!
Will have a look at the other blogs you highlighted, too.!
That’s a great idea – nice milestone to look forward to and celebrating.
Thanks for the nomination, you are too kind! You made my day!!
Thanks for the nomination, Anna! It’s great getting to know you through those 7 facts. I particularly enjoyed learning about your love for the snow. Who knew that you actually “peak at running” during the winter? The cold air must be invigorating!
Thanks for the nomination! These awards are so fun to get a little peak into bloggers lives. The name Liam was on the list for potential names for our son. But then I found out how popular it is right now and decided against it. In his daycare class, there are 3 others. That’s out of 7 boys! 🙂
We loved the name Liam as well for a boy and it was on our list however once we actually got pregnant and started to consider baby names we just weren’t that hot on the name any more. We ended up having a girl so in the end it didn’t really matter! I still love the name but just not for our child- funny how that goes since we were so dead set on it for awhile.
Thanks so much for the nomination! So made my day! I’ve run two full marathons so far. Not fast, but definitely an experience. When the kids get a little older, I want to do another one. You are right though…they take time to prepare for. Good luck with your next half!