Today’s guest post is from Larissa from Larissa Milano Fitness.
Balancing Live and Working Out
One of the biggest struggles that people have is balancing their work life and family life while still having time to workout. Being a part time personal trainer, full time legal secretary and full time wife it gets really hard sometimes finding that “me time”. I can only imagine how much harder it is for those of you with kids (I’ll be there with ya in the next year or two 🙂 .
Keeping up with your own fitness is so important not only for your body but for your mind too! I know when I have had a rough day the first thing I want to do is go hit the gym or go for a run. It is my way of decompressing and working on myself. Considering how important my workouts are I wanted to share a few tips on what helps me to make sure I get my workouts in.
- Always plan your workout! When you schedule time for yourself it is a lot easier to stick to it. There will be the times where it just isn’t going to work and that’s ok. What is most important is the other 90% of the time that it does.
- Figure out what times work best for you. Personally I like working out in the evening but have a higher chance of not doing it. By time I am home the last thing I want to do is leave my hubby again. Mornings are hard but then it is done and I feel great!
- Make sure your family/significant other is on board. It is very difficult to make that time for yourself when you don’t have support at home. Let you family know how important this is to you and how it helps you to be a happier/healthier person.
- Set your clothes out the night before. Just like planning for the next day of work, having your workout clothes ready and waiting for you makes it that much easier to get to the gym in the morning.
- Set your alarm clock across the room. Make it so you have to get out of bed to turn your alarm clock off. Well now your out of bed so you might as well get that workout in 😉
- Involve your family. Get your family involved in a local run and all enjoy it together. Or plan weekend hiking trips/ workout afternoons. Make it fun for your kids and they will want to join in all the time
I hope these tips will help you to balance life and getting some personal time. Sometimes life can get crazy but you just need to get crafty 🙂
A BIG Thank you to Larissa for being a guest today on Piper’s Run. Make sure you check out her blog here: Larissa Milano Fitness. These are some great tips that I try to use.
Larissa with Larissa Milano Fitness is a personal trainer and bootcamp coach. Her passion is training others to help them reach their fitness goals. On her blog you will find great workouts, recipes and awesome giveaways.