As promised from my Cheesy Quinoa Bites post, the Curry version (and Italian at the bottom).
Curry Quinoa Bites:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 stalks green onion, diced (I omitted this)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I omitted this)
- 1 – 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Note: I added another cup of quinoa (total of 3 cups) and another tsp of honey (total of 3 tsp) as my own preference and loved it.
- To cook quinoa, rinse 1 cup quinoa and drain quinoa well in a strainer, add 1 and 1/2 cups water plus 1/4 tsp salt if desired. No salt will make quinoa softer and fluffier, a little salt will make it firmer and it may take a couple extra minutes to cook. Bring to a boil, cover with a tight-fitting lid, and turn the heat down to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove quinoa from heat and allow to sit for five minutes with the lid on. Fluff quinoa gently with a fork.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, curry powder, honey, flour, salt and pepper.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (t heaping tbsp each)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and dig in. They freeze really well too!
Note: if you don’t have muffin tins, place 1 Tbsp scoops on a greased cookie sheet. Or, press into a greased pan and cut into squares when cooled.
Italian flavour: (no honey or curry powder) – add 1 tsp dried oregano, thyme or rosemary. Dip in tomato sauce.
Have you tried these yet? So good!
What’s your favourite Quinoa dish or website?