Last week’s workouts and many challenges went a little something like this:
- Inner Thighs Workout from Blogilates.
- I really wasn’t feeling like working out after a rough few nights with Hilary. I decided to watch TV with my husband and try this “Drive By Inner Thighs” workout which left me feeling exhausted. It was way harder than I thought it was going to be. I can totally see how it can be effective and leaving your legs feeling weak!
Monday: Ripped in 30 Level 2.
- It was a good workout and was tired afterwards.
Tuesday: Ripped in 30 Level 2.
- I finally felt like I nailed Level 2. I managed to finally accomplish a “knee to below and push up” together without much struggle. It was great.
- I’m starting to not like some of the moves – this might be a sign to move on to Level 3 – oh dear lord!
Wednesday – unplanned rest day
- My husband and I went to the basement after we put the girls to bed and watched “Chicago Fire” – it started at 8pm. I brought my workout gear down with me so I could change right after the show and get to my workout. I had the best intentions of working out after the show but around 8:55 pm I decided not to workout but to head straight to bed. Failed to work out!
Thursday: Ripped in 30 Level 2
- I worked out after watching “Rookie Blue” – this is the most TV I have watched in months…two night’s in a row! Woah! Anyway, after the show I managed to get off the couch, get my gear on and pumped out a great workout.
- Afterwards I laid on the floor like a starfish to recover 😉 Note: my head cold started earlier today.
Friday: Rest Day
- I was feeling pretty terrible and decided to call it a night at 9:30 and went to bed…. yes we watched another TV show but it was “on demand” from earlier in the week – Law and Order SVU – can’t wait for next week’s show. My head cold was getting worse.
Saturday – Rest Day
- Rest Day again 😦 Today I was feeling like a bag of poop. I was really wanting to workout and even put my workout gear on my bed in the morning so I couldn’t hide away from it. After a 2 hour afternoon nap with Hilary snuggled beside me I woke up feeling worse than terrible. So, we (my husband) decide I should not workout and get some much-needed sleep. Sleep was more important than working out he said. I agreed. At 8 pm I crawled into bed!
- Hilary had other plans for us that night. She was up from 11 pm – 2 pm crying. Poor girl didn’t know what she wanted and either did we. Nothing from our bag of tricks worked on her.
Well, it’s been 4 weeks since I started this “Get Fit” challenge for myself. It’s been challenging, fun, tiring and exhausting. I’ve pushed myself to workout during the day, with Hilary in her stroller, during the girls nap times or late at night once the girls have gone to bed. I’ve worked out on Friday nights, missed some of my favourite TV shows and made my husband watch the NHL playoffs on our computer until I was done working out.
I only had myself to blame when I missed a workout but only missed a few mainly due to having a head cold.
I am feeling a whole lot better about myself, a stronger running, seeing some changes in my body, losing weight and inches and on my way to getting fit and healthy post baby.
I still have 4 more weeks until my friend’s wedding and needing to fit into the bridesmaid dress, which I’ll try on soon again to see how I am doing. As I write this I am realising that I am not only doing this for myself but for my girls and my husband – to be a healthy mom and wife and a positive role model for them. I have also realised some of my readers, followers, friends on Facebook are encouraged by my commitment to being active, by them getting active too. Hats off to you too!
Here’s to Week 5 and cancelling our TV service! Seriously, we cancelled it and have 30 days left to enjoy it. We very rarely have time to watch a show during its prime time and end up watching only our few favourites on the computer … when we can find time for that. I’m sure I’ll blog about that one day.
If you missed the first three weeks, you can find them here:
8 thoughts on “Operation Get Fit Week 4 Workouts 5/19/13 – 5/25/13”
Good for you! You are really getting them in where you can. I like Rookie Blue too!
We got into it last year and enjoyed it. My cousin’s band “The Meds” from PEI are going to have one of their songs on the show – pretty exciting!
Pingback: 30 Day Arm Challenge – Are You Up For It ? | Piper's Run
Pingback: Operation “Get Fit” Week 5 Workouts 5/26/13 – 6/1/13 | Piper's Run
Pingback: Operation “Get Fit” Week 6 Workouts 6/2/13 – 6/8/13 | Piper's Run
Pingback: Operation Get Fit Week 7 Workouts 6/9/13 – 15/9/13 | Piper's Run
Pingback: LAST Operation “Get Fit” Week 8 Workouts 16/6/13 – 22/6/13 | Piper's Run
Pingback: Update: “Operation Get Fit” Results | Piper's Run