Yup, another month has gone by and Hilary is now 6 months old (and eight days or so)! She is growing into her own personality and still a curious little girl; looking around the corner for Daddy, watching big sister Lilly dance around the house and attempting to show Maclean lots of love by reaching for her.
She is now 15 lbs 3 oz and 65.5 cm long.
- Touching her toes
- Getting tickled … and then giggling
- Sitting up
- Sitting in her high chair
- Playing with friends
- Watching big sister do everything
- No being fed fast enough
- Bottles. urgh! She still won’t take a bottle *mommy dislikes this too*
- Three days after turning 5 months old she started reaching and holding on tight to her toes! This is one of her favourite things to do
- We started giving her solids around 5 1/2 months, she just didn’t seem to be content. Her first foods were avocado, sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, rice cereal, banana’s, barley cereal and pears. She wasn’t a fan of pear’s at first but is coming to enjoy them.
- Next foods up: chicken, oatmeal, tofu, green beans, apples, squash, zucchini just to name a few
- After she starting having solid food she became more content with Daddy! What a relief, seriously. I couldn’t leave the room or he couldn’t pick her up without lots of crying. She is loving her kisses and snuggles from Daddy 🙂
- She has also stopped pooping in the bath tub! Thank you lord! Oh man this was starting to get out of hand!
- Rolling from back to front a few times.
- We also started sleep training because it was taking almost an hour to get her to bed. I know for some people sleep training isn’t cool, but it worked for Lilly and is working for Hilary too. We are getting more efficient at bed time and she is sleeping better than before.
- We’ve moved from three short naps to one in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon *happy mama*
Other Monkey Updates: