It’s been a while since I’ve done a survey/questionnaire on the blog so I’ve joined a few bloggers for this Fitness Survey from Sara at She Cooks, She Crafts, She Runs .
1. What did you eat for breakfast? Alpen Muesli: Apple-Raisin Chai flavour with lactose free skim milk and a banana. I’m trying to branch out from my love of Raisin Bran and started with this. Not too bad.
2. How much water do you drink a day? LOTS! I usually drink 3-4 (750 ml’s) from my Camelbak bottle a day. It comes with me everywhere in Hilary’s diaper bag.
3. What is your current favorite workout? I just finished doing the Ripped in 30 DVD By Jillian Michael’s. With two little ones to take care of, I have to do most of my workouts while they nap or sleep at night.
I also love to run and I try to do that once/twice a week if I am lucky these last few weeks.
4. How many calories do you eat a day? I don’t count my calories but I eat enough for me and to nurse my 7 month old. Three meals a day and snacks in between.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? Greek Yogurt, Pink Lady Apples and making smoothies.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? Lately I’ve been making wraps almost every day of lunch. Can’t get enough of them. Sometimes I pair it with a little cheese or apples and usually water to drink. I like the occasional 1/2 cranberry juice 1/2 water combo.
My new favourite wrap – 12 Grain Wrap, hummus, spinach and hickory smoked tofurky deli slices! I can’t believe I like them…I ran out of sandwich meat and “borrowed” some of my husbands…new favourite!
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? I don’t have a favourite but I like having strong legs.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? Arms – I have a weak upper body.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings? Neapolitan Ice Cream with Chocolate Soy Milk (Float). AND any form of mint chocolate: Jr. Mints, Pep bars, yum!
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? I am still taking a prenatal/postnatal multivitamin since I am breastfeeding.
11. How often do you eat out? These days, rarely. Maybe once a month. When I am not on maternity leave and on the road with work, it could be at least once a week.
12. Do you eat fast food? If Subway is fast food, then yes. I stopped eating at McDonald’s when I was 17 due to becoming lactose intolerant and stopped all other fast food restaurants at the same time. Plus having a vegan husband is a good excuse to not hit up a fast food place since they rarely have anything he can eat.
13. Who is your biggest supporter? My husband is my biggest supporter. He is the one that says “Go” when the girls are having a tantrum/not going to sleep and I’ve planned to go running. (Thank you Sai, xo).
14. Do you have a gym membership? No gym membership here.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Ha! Sleep, what’s that? With a 7 month old and 3-year-old, I get very little sleep. If I am lucky between 5-7 hours a night but never in a row. On a good night I am up twice and on a bad night up to 5-7 times with either girl. Ohhhhhhhhhh dear!
16. Do you have a “cheat” day? I don’t have a cheat day but more of an 80% good food and 20% not so good food. I love chocolate mint anything so I usually treat myself to a little here and there.
17. Do you drink alcohol? I used to but since having kids I’ve almost stopped drinking. I rather spend my money on other things.
18. Do you have a workout buddy? No workout buddy…but it would be nice to have someone who I am accountable to and vice versa. I find blogging is a good way to stay on top of working out and committing to write about it.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? The best thing that has changed is now I am a role model for my girls. I want them to see me as a healthy and fit person, everyday. I want to play with them, watch them learn and develop life long skills and lead a healthy life.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did? I went for a run last night while both girls were challenging us at bed time. I desperately needed to go for a run; to clear my head and get a little outdoor cardio in. (Thanks Sai).
Your turn, leave me a comment:
1. What is your favourite time of year to run?
2. How often do you eat out?
3. Who’s your running buddy?
4. What motivates you to be active?