Hilary has been a busy little girl this last month and keeping us on our toes. It feels really weird to have an 8 month old again. She’s growing too fast and such a joy in our lives.
- Feeding herself.
- Sitting up and playing with books.
- “Dancing” in her highchair (moves back and forth).
- Being tickled.
- Seeing Daddy after 4-6 days of him being away – her face lights up, smiles and laughs every time!!!! Nice welcome home for Daddy!
- Watching cars go by – she laughs at them.
- More comfortable with her Grandparents, Aunts and Uncle (here) and skype with Nan.
- Cold water: pools, beaches and lakes (dammit).
- Having toys/books taken from her.
- New people (had a family gathering a few weeks back and she wasn’t too happy about it).
- Saying “mumm-ma” and “oh – wwwaahhhhhh”.
- Putting her feet in her mouth.
- If we ask her where is Lilly, Daddy or Maclean are and then she will turn and look at them!
- Responding to her name being called.
- Feeding herself peas.
- New food: yellow beans, blueberries, apricots, potatoes, parsnips, watermelon, kamut puffs.
We’re moving on:
- From pureed food to eating small pieces of food by herself (peas, bananas, watermelon, and kamut puffs)
And from the start:
Until next month!