Hilary has been a busy little girl this last month and keeping us on our toes. It feels really weird to have an 8 month old again. She’s growing too fast and such a joy in our lives.
- Feeding herself.
- Sitting up and playing with books.
- “Dancing” in her highchair (moves back and forth).
- Being tickled.
- Seeing Daddy after 4-6 days of him being away – her face lights up, smiles and laughs every time!!!! Nice welcome home for Daddy!
- Watching cars go by – she laughs at them.
- More comfortable with her Grandparents, Aunts and Uncle (here) and skype with Nan.
- Cold water: pools, beaches and lakes (dammit).
- Having toys/books taken from her.
- New people (had a family gathering a few weeks back and she wasn’t too happy about it).
- Saying “mumm-ma” and “oh – wwwaahhhhhh”.
- Putting her feet in her mouth.
- If we ask her where is Lilly, Daddy or Maclean are and then she will turn and look at them!
- Responding to her name being called.
- Feeding herself peas.
- New food: yellow beans, blueberries, apricots, potatoes, parsnips, watermelon, kamut puffs.
We’re moving on:
- From pureed food to eating small pieces of food by herself (peas, bananas, watermelon, and kamut puffs)
And from the start:
Until next month!
7 thoughts on “Monkey Update: 8 … yup! 8 months already!”
Nice! It’s so neat to see them grow like that. Watch out though, 9 months is when our started teething. all of that screaming gets old. She’s adorable!
Yes, teething isn’t fun…she has two and working on a few new ones…just wish they would come in NOW! Sleepless nights aren’t fun especially when you have sign up for a 8:45 am run!
They grow so fast…she’s at such a great age 🙂
They sure do! It’s so amazing to watch them grow!
Pingback: Monkey Update: 9 months old | Piper's Run
Pingback: Monkey Update: Hilary’s 10 Months Old! | Piper's Run
Pingback: Monkey Update: 12, 13 & 14 Months Old! | Piper's Run