Last week I decided to sit down, make a Meal Plan for the week as part of my “Fall into Fitness Challenge” …. and hopefully stick to it. I have to say I am impressed with myself as I managed to stick to it with only one modification.
One of the meals I made was Russian Chicken, a recipe that I got from my Aunt…sure hope it’s okay to share this and it’s not a family secret 😉
- 6 pieces of chicken (I used 4 and it wasn’t enough)
- Apricot Jam (Large)
- Russian Salad Dressing (Large)
- Onion Soup Mix (One package)
- Rice (White, Brown, Basmati – any rice will do).
- Boil or bake chicken until cooked, let cool and cut up into cubes.
- Mix together apricot jam, russian salad dressing and one package of the onion soup mix; put in large pan.
- Cover and put in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. (You want it to just start to boil but don’t burn it).
- Make rice (4-6 servings depending on how many you’ll be serving).
- Take out of oven and let sit/cool.
- Dish up rice and then cover with russian chicken
This recipe is so simple and my toddler actually eats it – WIN WIN for MOMMY! I didn’t try to make it vegan but if I did, this is what I would do.
Vegan Russian Chicken/Sausage:
- Same ingredients but I would swap out the real chicken for vegan meat such as sausages or fake vegan chicken.
- I would make the “sauce” and divided it into 1/2 (two pans)
- I would put the sauce and vegan meat of choice in one pan and the other pan would have real chicken.
- Rice – it’s vegan…your good there 🙂
A simple recipe and easy to make it vegan.