It’s been a crazy week here and I haven’t
had time made time for a good workout. I haven’t let that get in my way of trying to do a little here and there. I try to find some time to workout (a.k.a. increase heart rate) each day even if I can’t make time, I always have 10 minutes.
So, I fit my workouts in where I can this past week….
1 – While running errands at the mall for 2.5 hours….I walked extra laps on each floor of the mall (1-2 laps) and up the stairs multiple times – even after I was done shopping.
2 – While cleaning the house last night once the girls went to bed as I had to get the house ready for Hilary’s Birthday party today. I did this workout below twice. Randomly in-between cleaning the upstairs of the house and the basement. I used the girls play mats since they are soft on the body versus the hard floor, kept my sticky-note and pen with me. I messed up my stop watch and was only able to “time” the first round. It was around 10 minutes of fitting something in….better than sitting on the couch.
Not major workouts but it was something. A few tips on fitting small workouts in during the day:
1. Park your car further away from the store and walk a little more.
2. Walk extra laps before shopping, in-between different stores and after shopping.
3. Take the stairs – ALWAYS.
4. If you take the bus, get off earlier and walk for 20 minutes or more.
5. Stop what you are doing and do 10-20 of the following: jumping jacks, squats, push-ups, tricep dips and then get back to what you where doing, Repeat it 1-2 more times, this could only take 5-15 minutes of your time. Think of it as some “me time” 🙂
How do you fit in your workouts?
How do you keep track of your workouts?