Most blogger just blog about good things that are happening in their lives. I mean, really , who wants to blog about crappy things…not me. But I’m going to today.
It’s not life or death (thank goodness).
No one was hurt (thank goodness)
But it’s been one of those days….well 24 hours more like it.
I am now babysitting water…
I’ll start with some positives in the last few days:
- Sai was home 🙂
- Lilly and I had a day together – got our hair cut and out for lunch
- Saï and Hilary got to hang out together, watch the Olympics, play and a lunch date too.
- Saï and I got to go on a date! We went to Sushi Fang (Sushi and Thai food) – didn’t take any pictures – whoops! But it was AWESOME!
- We had a fun play date/watched the Canadian Men’s team win gold with our friends.
No so good things:
- Saï had to leave and go back to work 😦
- We have no water. NO, WATER!!!!
- Girls are sick and Hilary was up most of the night.
- Missed my Physio appointment this morning and had to take today off work 😦
We had NO WATER. Nothing. Zilch. Zero. Nothing coming out of the taps and the toilets wouldn’t flush. I called my awesome neighbour and she literally came running over to help. Then I called a friends husband who came over to check it out. We ended the night with no water. I got the girls to bed and decided that I couldn’t run because I couldn’t shower. Who wants to go to bed after sweating ??? Not me. Run failed 😦
I had to cancel my Physio appointment and a few meetings at work since I had to stay home and wait for a plumber to come fix our water. Well…………let’s just say, we now have NEW everything! New, holding tank, new power box and new pump in our well….along with a new bill we were not expecting. Bummer….
I now am sitting here babysitting our water. Yes folks, I have to turn our water on every so often and test the colour to get all the sediment out. Then we have to wait 4-5 days until we can shower/wash clothing.
So much for running, showering and catching up on missed sleep from last night. Guess, I’ll go turn the water on and watch it flow out … maybe I’ll vacuum too – get all domestic today.
The joys of owning your own home and adulthood was brought to you by the letters (and number) H 2 O.
Ever have to fix your well?
Tell me something good that happened today?