Okay, that was the worst use of words ever! It was too much fun to not title the post like that….OR I need to get out of the house more often 😉 I set a few goals for February to help keep me on track but I have to be honest, I never printed them, wrote them down or referred back to the post…not once.
These are the February goals I set:
- Run 15 -20 km a week – Nope, didn’t even come close.
- Run once during my lunch break when schedule permits (not on the road) – Yes, did this once. Ha!
- T25 at work during my lunch break when schedule permits – Didn’t happen at all – whoops!
- Take Lilly downhill skiing and skating – Skating yes and we are actually going downhill skiing tomorrow … so I am on track.
- Play outside with girls – Mission accomplished.
- Date night when hubby is home – We actually went out on a date once this month …. that’s pretty good.
- Enjoy the Olympics – Sure did and looking forward to the Paralympics starting this Friday.
- Aim to be in bed by 10 pm – Maybe 5/28 nights I accomplished this one.
- Stay on track with our budget – Sure did.
- Clean something in my house (I have a list of 40 things) … maybe the fridge I started last month – Nope.
- Plan my blogging posts better – Not really.
I felt like February was such a crazy month between work and home life that I didn’t even think about a lot of these “goals”. Oh well, that’s how we roll here. I did however have some pretty awesome workouts:
- 5 – Runs for a total of 21 kilometers for February (69 km for the year…so far).
- 3 – Soccer Games
- 1 – 5k Cross Country Ski (for work)
- 1 – Snow shoe Hike at lunch
- 1 – Skating on the lake with Lilly – first time ever!
- 1 – Swimming – trip to the pool with Lilly – lots of fun!
- 1 – 40 minute walk – “working meeting” – seriously…I had a 40 minute working meeting one day!
My March Plans:
- Get better sleep (really hoping the girls hear me on this one)
- Run, run and more running. Run four times a week, once outside – 5k or more.
- Participating in Around The World Running Blog Relay!
- Skiing, snowshoeing and outdoor skating at least once with the girls.
- Stay on budget and figure out a plan for our awesome new Plumbing bill (dang well/pump). Good news is that we have awesome water now 🙂
- Watch Paralympics online as much as I can.
- Blog. (Yes, I’m keeping that one simple…just blog).
- Get more involved in Swirl Gear Ambassador program and Fit Fuential Ambassador program – yes…I recently become both!
- Clean something in the house each week – seriously, I gotta get a move on my list.
I enjoyed February but am happy to see March. I’m not sick of the snow yet but feel like in another 2-3 weeks I’ll be happy to see the end of winter. Fingers crossed we don’t get any more LARGE dumping’s of snow.
Do you have any plans for March?
Running any races? Monthly challenges? Cleaning plans for your house?
How much sleep do you get a night? Be honest 🙂
16 thoughts on “February Freeze but I’m Marching On….”
I have a “project list” I made the first week of January of all the things I wanted to clean up in our house the first few months of this year. Did about 2-3 things and that was it 😉 I have been better about getting sleep. As part of my half marathon training this time around, I vowed to make sure I got to bed earlier to get more rest. So far so good, but much of this is attributed to the fact that between training and work I am just exhausted by the time I finish dinner! Plus the cold weather and snow this long winter has been so depressing. I’m definitely looking forward to spring!
I just wish there were 2-3 more hours in a day, then I feel I could get a lot done plus a good night’s sleep 🙂 Yeah, I’m getting tired of the cold weather too.
I love your titles! I hope we are a retching on to Spring… 🙂
I’m glad someone does 😉
yes, ready for march!!! I’ve got my first half at the end of the month and I’m really hoping we’ll be feeling the spring weather by then. I am a stickler for getting my sleep, I aim for 8-9 hours.
I saw you have your first 1/2 at the end of the month – very exciting!!! Oh 8-9 hours of sleep – that happens every few weeks for me – I really need to get a memo to the girls about their sleep 😉
I love your blog. I can totally relate to lots of your challenges. I have 2 daughters (ages 2 and 4) and am in the process of training for my first half marathon in May. Finding it a challenge with the snow and cold weather here lately, but he whole sleep deprivation issue is a whole lot worse… my mantra is on most days “this too shall pass!”. Good luck.
Oh my how we can relate on so many levels 🙂 I worry about not having enough sleep and how it affects my running (races too) but I think your body just get’s used to it.
Nice! I was also named a Fitfluentialist! I don’t have any races planned, but I’m looking for one now that my knee feels better.
Awesome! I love how bloggers with similar interests (whatever that is, running, books, kids) have these great ambassador programs to be apart of.
Can’t wait to hear about your next race…you know…we have lots of awesome races up in in … brrrrrr….. Canada 🙂
I am sitting down to write my goals for March (I am a couple days behind.. oops) One of my goals is to become more involved in my ambassador programs too. I get about 6 hours of sleep each night. I am trying to get better. Sleep has always been an issue for me.
I always love your goals posts! I always say I’m going to set my own but I never do haha. My main goal is to figure out what’s up with my feet so I can start training!!
There is nothing wrong with setting “figure out foot problems” as a goal 😉 I like setting goals not just in running but life in general … maybe as a way of trying to get stuff done and not forgetting about it.
Haha deal! My goal is: figure out foot problems
I’m an English teacher so I LOVE your post title 🙂
I had my big marathon the first day of March so that was my biggie one. I have a couple of 5Ks, one in the middle and one later in the month.
Great…now I am going to have to spell check AND grammar check ALL my posts 😉
Yes, I saw that you ROCKED your marathon! Awesome job girl! Looking forward to hearing about your 5k’s!