Well…..I think I finally got my running mojo back! Yes, I lost it….didn’t want to admit it but it happened. I did a short 2k run the other day just to shake out my legs on “THE BEAST” but I felt awkward running on it. Almost out-of-place.
I took Wednesday off. Well, really…I had to get groceries while my mother stayed with the girls. You know, grocery shopping at night without any kids is quite fun!!!
I learned a lot on my run……..
1. Walking to warm up is a good thing even if you started your Garmin already.
2. It’s okay to put your hand out to “high-five” a 7/8-year-old girl who is running towards you with a smile on her face. Twice
3. If you run past a Chocolate lab, they will chase you….even if they are attached to a leash around their owner’s waste.
4. I think I might have perfected spitting while I run, finally!
5. I’m think I’m going to hurt later today, more specifically, my abs, shoulders and legs are going to hurt. Yes, my shoulders!
6. I love running after 8pm outside – perfect temperatures, just enough sun shining down, lots of people outside.
7. The sound of sand on a paved road under your feet sounds terrible.
8. Before my run started, I thought I wanted to run with music again which would mean finding my iPod and uploading music. After my run….not so much.
9. It’s 100% normal to run up and down your street to finish off a certain amount of kilometers (or miles). I mean, common’….who wants to finish their run at 4.94 km ?????
10. Life is short, get off your ass and move! 5k done!
What have you learned on your runs lately?
Anyone been chased by someone else’s dog before?
Run with or without music?