Umm………So, It’s June! June 3rd to be exact and I have no clue where the last few months have gone. Can you believe that we are into June already…sunshine, flowers, warm weather….Oh So Good!
I’ve been a little MIA lately – it’s all good. I recently got my running mojo back and that makes me happy. We’ve been outside A LOT… which makes me happy.
Lilly and I hanging out before her Bluenose 2k Kids Run.
May went a little like this:
1. I forgot to set goals
2. Life went on 🙂
On a more serious note, I went to Toronto for a conference and had a good time however learned I don’t want to be away from my girls THAT long again. I ran a sub 60 – 10k (PB 57:17) at the Bluenose Marathon and was completely sore for three days afterwards and then took about a week off from running. C’est la vie!
- Run: 4-6 days per week, at least twice outside (Note my husband is away a fair amount so can be a challenge)
- Two workouts a week on my lunch break with my co-worker Melissa (one running outside and one T25 workout in the boardroom)
- EPIC Canadian 10k Race on June 28th/ Trip to PEI 🙂
- Lower my expectations on what I can accomplish when my husband is away (this is a hard one for me)
- Be in bed by 10pm (this is a constant challenge)
- Treat myself to something special (Hair cut already done, massage appointment booked – Look, I’m already rockin’ this one 🙂
- Walk the Plank Challenge – see below…but basically I’m going to turn into a Pirate and work on “walking the plank” so I can rock out my Tartan Twosome (Maritime Race Weekend) 5k and 10k in September….This may get extended into July and August…100 Days … maybe. @GoodLifeFitness
Right click to save via Good Life Fitness
- Play outside with our girls as much as possible
- Date night with hubby when he is home
- Teach Lilly how to ride a pedal bike as opposed to her balance bike #physlicalliteracyskills
- Celebrate Lillian’s 4th… FOURTH BIRTHDAY – when did THIS happen???????
- Lilly’s goal: To actually listen to Mommy/Daddy the first time (ba hahahha …yeah right)
- Hilary’s goal: To sleep through the whole freaking night for more than 2-3 nights in a row….common, Mommy and Daddy are tired.
Hilary’s 18 months old today!!! Woah!
- Clean the house and have Yard Sale
- Home reno’s: painting, new stairs outside and some other random stuff
- Blog – update the banner / Facebook Page and Instagram <– come check us out!
And now I’m off to run 7-9k in the heat…it’s +19c currently…fingers crossed it’s not too hot to run mid day 🙂
Good thing I drank my Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer drink…think I’m going to NEED it today…. #fuelyourbetter (I love this stuff).
How was your month of May?
Any big or little plans for June?
Are you loving the weather lately?
16 thoughts on “May Flowers Bring…..Heck, Bring on June!”
I’m exhausted reading your goals, but love every one of them! I especially love your goal about getting Lilly to listen! HA! 😀
Totally loving this weather lately – If I could be outside each & every day I would.
Oh dear! I guess they keep me on track 😉 yeah, if we can get Lilly to listen it will be like winning the lottery…oh toddlers.
May was a successful month in my racing world… I’m feeling a little sad it’s over but ready to set and tackle my next set of goals:)
June is my month of having fun! It’s the end of the school year and all of the races that I do will be for fun!
I not only LOVE the weather but I’m loving the longer days… I love summer… why can’t it be like this all year!!!!
That’s awesome to hear! Enjoy all the fun times ahead and end of school year!!!! Oh the longer days are fantastic!
Wow. You are putting me to shame! 🙂 I am just trying to get outside more these days… and get my eats back on track after all the birthday indulgences.
Oh no! No I’m not….(never my intentions) Birthday are for celebrating and eating all the good stuff 🙂
Looks like a great June. Wishing I had all that energy! lol
Sometimes I wonder where I get the energy to do half this stuff but if I don’t I’m cranky Piper and that’s not cool 😉
Great goals! I want to try and get to bed earlier too but when my kids are finally asleep I like to enjoy what little me quiet time I can get lol!
I like that plank challenge too! I might have to join you!
It’s so hard to go to bed early with little kids – especially when they wake you up! This challenge might turn into my 100 Days of something 😉
Sounds like a good month!
May was okay. I checked my millage and was surprised 🙂 then I hit an injury so I’ve had this week off…Boo! Can’t believe we’re 6 months into the year!
It was….I can’t complain. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Love all your goals! Especially Lilly and Hilary’s 😉
Could you imagine if they actually reach these goals this month – oh man, it will be like winning a million $$$$
Ha ha ha.
Awesome goals. Your kids are just so adorable. Isn’t it so much easier to find your running mojo when the weather starts to smile down on you?!
Pingback: C-Ya June…Hello JULY! | Piper's Run