Happy National Running Day!
Yesterday, I had the day off work and had a million errands to run, one of them was a 7 – 9k run outside. I took my sweet time getting ready and took forever to get ready … procrastination was my game yesterday. It was 19 degrees celsius and only going to get warmer. I left the house a little worried I wouldn’t be able to run in the heat after all…it’s been a late start to spring/summer weather in Nova Scotia.
Why I run?
This really hasn’t changed for me in the last few years….
I run for my girls, my husband and my family. I run to escape and think about life at the same time. I run to be healthy and fit. I run for the passion of leading a healthy lifestyle. I run to be a positive role model for my young daughters. I run for me.
What I’ve learned about running:
1. The more time you invest in your running the more you benefit from it.
2. That my Garmin is a tool to help me reach my goals but my body and mind are what get me there.
3. That I can challenge myself and reach my goals EVEN when I think they are lofty goals.
4. That the support I receive from my friends, my family and bloggers is something I never expected.
5. That I’m a strong person.
6. That I am a positive role model for my girls.
7. That I can influence others with this blog (which I never really thought I would do).
8. Bad runs are good for you. Many bad runs are good for you.
9. To plan your recovery after a race – your legs will thank you.
10. Running is good for your mental health in more ways than we know it.
My 2012 & 2013 National Running Day Posts
For more National Running Day post – check out Olive to Run! A little link up love by Olive To Run.
Why do you run?
What have you learned from running? (Or walking, cycling, crossfit, zumba, dance etc)
Has physical activity/sport ever changed you?