It’s time for THIS or THAT! A while back Amy at Fitness Meets Frosting posted these questions and I thought I’d give it a go.
1. This or that: 5K or a half marathon?
This is a tough one. Since I am currently training for my 2nd half marathon my head is focused on 21.1 but I do love a good 5k. Oh wait, I have a 5k and 10k in September – the Tartan Twesome…then my half in October 😉 Guess I’ll do both distance soon!
2. This or that: flat race in the heat or hilly race in the cold?
Hilly race in the cold any day! Really, living in Nova Scotia you run in the cold, in snow, on ice conditions that are on hills 😉
3. This or that: new running shoes or a new running outfit?
I recently won a pair of running shoes *yes, I know…I am lucky* so I’d go for a new running outfit that matches well.
4. This or that: run a half marathon without headphones or Garmin?
I would run a half marathon without headphones over not having my Garmin! I do all of my outdoor runs without any music because I can’t find the time to download/upload any music to my IPod. I’d want to know how I was doing on my pace for that distance.
5. This or that: race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
I’m a big fan of racing because of the convenience – location and travelling. With two little ones and my husband away, I am lucky enough to have my family take care the of our girls if my husband is away. Don’t get me wrong, the swag is fun but I don’t need it.
Best swag to date – a large bottle of sunscreen back in June!
6. This or that: PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
Finish strong and miss a PR 100%. I wouldn’t risk having an injury just to get a PR.
7. This or that: 100 squats or 100 push ups? [Now take a break and go do them. ;)]
100 Squats – I really, really suck at push ups and I’d rather have wobble legs then jello arms.
8. This or that: run without socks or without sports bra?
Oh dear lord, this is cruel! I would run without socks but would slab on body glide or vaseline to my feet/heels and pray to god it’s not bad.
9. This or that: treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour?
Humm….I dunno! Being the Mother Runner that I am, I run for an hour on my treadmill all the time. How long is this street block?
10. This or that: Ragnar Relay or Marathon Relay team?
I think a Marathon Relay Team would be fun to do….I may have to put that on my bucket list. It would be awesome to do with my husband and a bunch of our friends.
11. This or that: Naked run or naked yoga?
Ahh…..ummm…. *puts head down in embarrassment* …. I would do naked yoga in my house and that’s it. No naked running, no naked yoga class. Oh god, now everybody’s thinking I do naked yoga in my house! Awesome!
12. This or that: Come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in NYC marathon?
I would love to be a Canadian Olympic athlete – so 4th in the Olympics would win over 1st in NYC Marathon. However, I bet there is more money in the NYC Marathon then the Olympics…..nah, I’d still pick the Olympics.
13. This or that: give up running for 3 years to get a BQ or never BQ but run as much as you want?
Though running the Boston Marathon would be ah-may-zing I’d probably lose my mind if I gave up running for 3 years.
Now it’s your turn….
Naked run or naked yoga? Be honest!
PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
If you are running this weekend, enjoy and have fun!
4 thoughts on “Running: This OR That”
My first thought – how big of a PR? LOL. I think I could deal with an injury for a really big PR but I definitely wouldn’t want to just to shave a few seconds off 🙂
Neither fir the naked yoga/running. No way….and I’d rather finish strong than get sidelined with an injury.
Ha ha, yeah I would have said never too but if I had to pick one it would be yoga at home, lol.