Sept 30th 2014 (9:50pm)
Me: I said to my husband “Gawd, I can’t wait for this month to be over”.
He replies with “we’ll you only have a few hours to go”.
Me: Smart ass.
Him: Well, it’s true.
Me: Frig, it’s still September, right!
Him: Yeah, for a few more hours.
Me: I’m ready for October to be done, already!
It’s such a busy time of year with work and I am on the road more than I am in the office which can make for long days of driving. Oh, and I’ve got a little run coming up soon……make that two runs coming up.
I do love the fall; beautiful trees, stunning weather, fresh crisp air, pumpkins, apple picking, fall races and Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend. Gobble Gobble 🙂
Total mileage: 142 km (88 miles)
My mileage this year is 847 km. I’m only 163 km to my 1000 km goal…then I will just stop running. Just kidding 😉
- Train for Half Marathon – Yes
- Run Tartan Twosome @ Maritime Race Weekend (Sept 12th – 5k Recap and Sept 13th – 10k Recap)
- Sign Lilly up for a class – Nope, but I have a soccer registration form printed.
- Vacation in PEI – Done. Accomplished in the first week 🙂
- Add in some strengthening workouts to my running. Kinda
- Apple picking. Lilly went with her day care but we haven’t gone as a family yet.
- Cook some food from my Oh She Glow’s Cookbook. Not yet.
- Run my 2nd Half Marathon – Valley Harvest Marathon Oct 12th
- Watch Lilly run her 3rd race (400 meters) @ Valley Harvest Marathon Kids Run
- Play outside with our girls.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving (Canada) October 12th/13th
- Run BLT 5k Race – Oct 25th
- Change up my running and workouts (variety)
- Bake an apple pie
- Go see the Pumpkin People
How was your September?
Any October goals?
Do you go apple, pear, pumpkin picking?
6 thoughts on “Sorry September but I’m fallen for October”
I love baking apple pie 🙂
Apple pie! I have never made one. It looks so intimidating!
I never made pie until a few years ago. I have this great vegan apple pie with cinnamon and raisins…it’s SO good and actually really easy to make!
Nice mileage!! Good luck with your race, too. I’ve never been apple picking but it sounds fun.
I want October for the cooler temps. But they say it’s going to be in the 90’s all week so….
Nice job on Sept. Crush it in Oct!