October was my big half marathon month. When I think back over the last 10 months I was really preparing to run a half marathon. It took me a few months to decide on which one I would do but once I committed and signed up, I was excited and then nervous!
Total Mileage: 85km
Total Runs: 10 Doesn’t really sound like much! Ran outside and on the treadmill.
Longest Run: 21.33 km
Soccer Games: 2 (Let’s just call these speed work)
Yearly Total: 932 km
I’m pretty happy with the amount of running I did in October. Even with taking 6 days off after my half marathon, I still managed a good number. I’m almost at my yearly goal of 1000 km and starting to wonder what I should aim for next year. I honestly didn’t think I would hit 1000 km in a year …. two months to go!
My October Goals
- Run my 2nd Half Marathon – Completed 🙂
- Watch Lilly run her 3rd race (400 meters) – Yes
- Play outside with our girls. -Kinda
- Celebrate Thanksgiving (Canada) October 12th/13th – Yes
- Run BLT 5k Race – Oct 25th -Yes
- Change up my running and workouts (variety) – Not really.
- Bake an apple pie – Yes for Thanksgiving.
- Go see the Pumpkin People – Yes
- Halloween! – Yes
How was your month of October?
Lots of running, trips to the gym, any hiking?
Do you have a yearly running goal?