The fun thing about the blogging world is getting to know other bloggers. Over the last little while I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, drafted a post and just never hit publish. Since then I’ve been nominated twice.
Since I’m hitting my blogiversary on the weekend I thought it would be fun to actually fill out both. So, yup, you are going to get to know me a little more over the next few days.
Most recently, Sara from Sweaty Mess Mama AND Heather from Girl Goes Running nominated me. If you haven’t come across their blogs – start reading both. They are pretty motivating!
1) What is my current health related goal? Never get the family stomach bug again! That was not fun. Fitness related: maintain my weight, keep running and working out. More specific run 2-3 half marathons next year – maybe a FULL. Don’t get too excited, I said maybe 😉
2) What is my biggest irrational fear? That I’m going to wake up next to a tarantula – even writing the word makes me sick! And doesn’t my best friend’s fiance have one!!!!
3) Do I enjoy wrapping presents? Yes. I love wrapping presents but since the gift bag came into style I usually default to that. Bags are easy. Not this year….wrapping paper will be EVERYWHERE 🙂
4) What’s my favorite cross training activity? Soccer, hands down. Since I mainly run now, soccer has become my cross training. I’m slowly getting into yoga and trying to make it more routine.
5) If you came to visit me, what would we do? Well first off my girls would give you the once over and then play with you for hours. After they were done with you, I’d probably feed you some yummy food and then take you out for a hike or take in a local event.
6) I have 2 weeks off work and 2 round trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you take?
I’d hop on a plane with my family and head to New Zealand and if we could squeeze in Australia that’s what we’d do!
7) What’s the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to me during a run or race?
Can’t say that anything embarrassing has happened to me during a run – maybe that is yet to come! So far, only my pants falling down Fall of 2013 during a 5k race could classify. It wasn’t that bad other but I had to keep pulling up every so often.
Update – as I was editing this I remembered Mud Hero 2013. Not necessarily embarassing but I felt like a tool afterwards 😉
8) The 3 best days of my life? Or at least the top 3 that pop into my mind…
- Day I got married
- Day Lilly was born
- Day Hilary was born
9) Okay so I HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would I choose and what do I order?
I’d do Boston Pizza and get their Perogy Pizza; something I’ve never had before but sounds SO good!
10) Have you ever met a celebrity? Nope 😦
11) Share a pic of myself in non-workout clothes.
Does this count? I was shopping for a new winter jacket a week ago. Bought the jacket in the end 🙂 This is what one does when shopping alone…they send their husband pictures saying “What do ya think?”
12) If I could choose to have a ‘do over’and switch careers, what would I choose and why?
I don’t think I would switch over any careers. I love what I do and every job I’ve had lead me here. However, I would do over my University years! The one thing I’d like to do over would be to play University soccer; rather than working to pay for my schooling. And, I would study better 😉
13) If I won an Olympic Gold Medal how do I think I would react? I would CRY! Look around and sob like a baby!
14) What do I want for Christmas?
- New winter running pants
15) What skill do I lack? Patience 😦
Now it’s your turn? Answer one of the 15 questions.
And to follow with tradition….I nominate the following blogs:
Taylor & Jesse @ Single tracked Mind
Stay tuned for a little giveaway too!