First off – Tranquil Headband Winners:
Congrats! Check your email so I can get them out in the post to you 🙂
I’m trying to get through my draft post and this one popped up recently. I wrote the whole thing but just never managed to HIT publish – my bad! Meg over at Meg’s Life Running nominated me here, so I am finally hitting publish.
1. Why did you choose to start running and what do you love and hate about it?
Okay, that’s three questions Meg 😉
I started running as a teenager to train for soccer but then picked it up again about 10 years ago when I wasn’t able to play competitive soccer due to working at a camp. I love the challenge and the fact that I can set some goals and it’s up to me to achieve them. No one else is going to do it for me. I love the rush afterwards – how good you feel.
I hate hills. Most Days.
2. What is your dream race?
Good lord, I don’t know. I don’t think I have a dream race but would love to run a race (any distance) in every Province/Territory in Canada. It would be a great way for me (and my family) to explore our country.
3. What is another favourite form of exercise for you? Soccer, hands down. I LOVE SOCCER, playing it, coaching it and sometimes watching it. However, being married to a Brit … watching “football” matches can get a little intense!
4. Who is your biggest inspiration? (doesn’t have to be fitness related).
I mentioned in my last Liebster Award that my running buddy inspires me. This past weekend while visiting my mother at work, we watched a middle-aged Dad pick up his teenage son from his wheelchair and put him in the front seat of their car. I turned to my Mom and said… WOW, What a Dad! and thought about everything that Dad does to help his son. So, that day, that Dad inspired me. He made me think that all MY little problems were nothing and just showed me what love is all about. So thank you to that person for inspiring me last weekend.
5. Did you go to college/What is your highest level of education? If college, what do you have a degree in and do you use it.
Yes, I went to University – Acadia University and have a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Management. I have been working in the field of Recreation/Outdoor/Environmental Education and Physical Activity fields since I graduated over 12 years ago (thanks for that reminder) 😉
6. Do you ever/do you have a television program that you just had to be home to watch? What was/is it?
Years ago it used to be Grey’s Anatomy. Now, I don’t have one I have to be home for. We actually got rid of our TV 2 year ago but got Netflix recently. I watch Netflix while I run on the treadmill – that’s my secret to not being bored on the treadmill 😉
7. What is your favourite childhood memory?
I would have to say being outside ALL the time. Riding my bike, playing in our “fort”, playing soccer, “capture the flag” all over our neighbour’s backyards. Just the freedom to play outside would be my favourite childhood memory.
8. If you could visit a time/era in the past, what/when would it be?
I think I would choose the 50’s. I love the clothing, the music, the dancing and just the vibe!
9. Do you collect anything?
No….it used to be shoes 😉 but then I had kids. Now it’s running gear 😉
10. What is your go-to recipe? Do you make it, or someone else? Oh my go to recipe is a Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta – to easy to make and my whole family will eat it!
Well, that was fun! Meg, I hope you learned a little about me (as well as others).
Leave a comment by answering some of the questions above 🙂
What’s your go-to recipe?
Do you collect anything?