For the last month or so I’ve been adding these little hemp hearts to almost everything I eat! Manitoba Hemp Hearts to be exact!
I add them to smoothies, yogurt and granola, salads, you name it and I usually add them into the meal! I’m not going to lie, I was a little unsure before I tried them as I thought they would be really grainy.
After trying them the first time, I actually really liked them. They are soft and taste good. Not grainy or hard like I thought they might be. I liked them so much that I went and bought a big bag from our local grocery store.
I plan on using them in some other foods I make: banana bread, no bake energy bites (I’ve altered my recipe and will share soon) and in the Oh She Glow’s granola bars I make. These are definitely a daily eat for me now.
What are hemp hearts?
Hemp Hearts are shelled hemp seeds.
- At the ‘heart’ of all our hemp foods is the Hemp Heart (aka raw shelled hemp seed).
- Hemp Hearts contain 10 grams of omegas per 30 gram serving
- Hemp Hearts are a complete vegetarian protein
- Hemp Hearts contain 10 grams of protein per 30 grams servings
- Hemp Hearts are hypoallergenic
- Hemp Hearts are Non-GMO Project Verified
You can check out their website at Manitoba Hemp Hearts and find recipes there too!
To enter the contest please…
LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY. Contest is open to those in the US and CANADA! Contest is open Wednesday March 4th until Monday March 9th, Atlantic Standard Time.
I was provided Manitoba Hemp Hearts as part of a review with FitApproach.