It was bound to happen…changing my running goals for this year. I had such a great 2014 running races and training that I thought it would continue this year. My body had another plan which took a long time for me to accept but I’m there and ready for what the next few months will bring.
Originally, I had set these as my running goals for the year:
- Heal my hamstring injury
- Sub 25 minute 5k (current PR 27:06)
- Sub 52 – 10k (current PR 55:59)
- Sub 2 hour Half Marathon (current PR 2:05:10)
- Run a FULL Marathon!
Those goals were set when I thought I had a little injury that would heal just like the others ones have in the past. Twisted ankles, knee injury, torn ligaments in my left ankle, minor concussions – all soccer related! Funny enough, this hamstring injury was soccer related too. It’s been since December 10th 2014 that I played and got injured but that won’t stop me from playing soccer again 😉
Back to running! I’ve changed my goals over the last few months many, many times and have finally come to terms with setting new goals for the remainder of 2015. So…here you go:
- (#1) Get my hamstring and glutes 100% healthy again
- Continue to run and do PT exercises/cross train
- Run 2 Half Marathons in the Fall (Maritime Race Weekend and PEI Marathon)
- Run a 10k Race
- Run 1 to 3 – 5k races (Maritime Race Weekend – double race)
- Throw out aiming for Personal Bests / Personal Records (but if they happen, I will accept them).
That’s it! Those are my new running goals for the year. A little more simple yet focused. Don’t get me wrong, I desperately want to run my FIRST FULL MARATHON this year but with very little spring running/training under my belt I didn’t want to jump into training for a full. The stress of trying to get the distance in and, the stress of trying to heal up my hamstring isn’t worth it to me.
Do you have any 2015 goals?
Anyone on track with their goals?
What about Resolutions?