It’s FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! I’m really looking forward to our weekend start in a few hours. We have our last swimming lesson, a birthday party, Sai is home and we’ve got the BBQ lined up! I’m trying to ignore the rain that is falling down as I write this and thinking of sunshine all weekend long.
Update on my hamstring: I had a fantastic treadmill run Wednesday night, no pain 🙂 However, my leg is still tender from the cupping – oh well…..I’m just hoping that it helps me get better…pain is temporary – right?!?!
Okay, here are some fun friday things for you:
1. For those of you who don’t live in Canada, I wanted to share this article with you!!!! Check out this article “Gorgeous places to RUN in Canada”. I’ve let to run in any of these places but might add these to my list of places and races to run at some point in my life. I *might* be able to tick off Appin Road in Prince Edward Island this summer. Fingers crossed.
2. GoodLife is challenging Canadians to stay active with a nation-wide campaign and contest called “Random Acts of Fitness”!
With the warmer weather upon us, Canadians are taking their fitness outdoors so we want to capture that enthusiasm and share it with as many people as possible. As an added incentive, we’ve created a contest element, which could land you and a friend an exciting prize.
How to enter: It couldn’t be easier….simply snap a photo of yourself doing outdoor activities and share it on Instagram or Twitter using #FitCanadian to be entered to win the following:
One person will win:
- A one year GoodLife Fitness membership and a LifeChanger for you and a friend
- Team Training at GoodLife Fitness for you and a friend
- $500 Reebok gift card
For more details you can go here, contest ends August 31st.
In other news…..
3. Last week, ParticipACTION released the 2015 Report Card on Physical Activity for Children & Youth. Basically, we need to get children and youth OUTDOORS MORE!!!!
For those with kids, how much time do your kids spend outside?
And the Women’s World Cup has been pretty awesome. I regrettably did not purchase tickets to watch some games in Moncton…and am kicking my butt now. whomp whomp But, I have lots of friends attending some games and they are loving it! Go CANADA GO!
Canadians – have you run in any of the locations in Canadian Running Magazine’s article?
Non-Canadian Residents – any places on the list (in article) that you’d want to check out?
Do your children get enough DAILY physical activity?
As an adult – do YOU get enough DAILY physical activity?
Have a great weekend.