YEAH! I managed to actually start AND finish a 30 day challenge! Of course, it started of fairly easy and grew harder over the weeks. Right now, I’m just happy to say it’s completed!
30 days of planking from 1 minute to three minutes and yes, that is a face-plant post plank in there 🙂
Learning’s from planking for 30 days:
- Don’t plank on carpet every day – your elbows will hate you.
- Go bare foot – you get a better grip and avoid slipping around.
- Face planting post plank is completely acceptable.
- You are stronger than you think you are.
- My triceps hurt the most.
- Plank when you are on your own! Having little kids around always made it harder. Though they cheered me on and even attempted to plank, it wasn’t fun trying to keep them off me.
- When you husband (or significant other) tells you your bum is too high, you correct yourself. Not only do you correct yourself, you get pissed off at them for telling you which only makes you want to hold the plank longer.
- You can surprise yourself!
I managed a nice 6k runch today even though my training plan only called for 5k. It was really warm and muggy but I was having a great run. The sky was overcast, with the sun poking out every so often. It was perfect.
Tomorrow is Canada Day! Happy Canada Day to all those crazy canucks out there tomorrow! Hope you have nothing but sunshine, good food and create great memories with friends and family! We are starting off the day with some strawberry picking and some other adventures later on the in day!
Anyone complete a 30 day challenge this month?
Are you celebrating Canada Day? What are you doing?
Happy Canada Day!