This past winter, I never would have thought we’d see the hot summer days ever again! Man, we got blasted with snow storm after snow storm from the end of January to the end of March. IT.WAS.NUTS!
That being said, I’ve been writing down things I wanted to do this summer with our girls. It’s now turned into a summer fun list. These are very specific to Nova Scotia (where I live) and hopefully lead to a lot of great adventures:
Strawberry picking– done.
- Go to the Bridgetown Natural Playground (pic above) and have a picnic
- Swim at Lumsden’s Beach
- Hike the trails near our house/play in the stream
- Trip to Prince Edward Island
- Hit up a beach on the South Shore of Nova Scotia (1.5 hours or so away)
- Girls – weekend with Grandparents & Me – weekend with my girlfriend who’s expecting in Sept.
- Camp in the backyard with my family (or camp site if time permits)
- Go paddling with my family
Swim in a lake– done once already.
- Go to the drive-in theatre – probably sans kiddo’s
- Complete all my long runs
- And of course…snuggle with a new niece or nephew later in the summer 🙂
There are more things I want to do this summer with the fam, but I’m keeping it to this list for now.
What’s on your summer fun list?
Traveling far or staying local this summer?
Hope you enjoy your summer!
Cheers, Piper 🙂