We are a big fan of curry in our family. Well, my husband is a big fan and I enjoy it, the girls on the other hand…I would say they have come to accept it 🙂
I am sharing one of our favourite curry recipes this week and will share another one in the coming weeks. They are not my original recipes. I got this recipe from my running buddy Kyrstol. She had us over for dinner a few months ago and made this – it’s awesome!
Curried Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Coconut Milk (with Rice / Fries).
Original recipe from Pampered Chef Cookbook – but this version is adapted for a vegan. It’s originally made with Chicken and Couscous instead of chickpeas/cauliflower and rice/fries.
- 1 can of chick peas (drained)
- 1 head of cauliflower (broken into small pieces)
- 3/4 tsp (4ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- 4 medium carrots (cut up in small pieces)
- 1 medium onion (cut up in small pieces)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vegetable oil (I used Olive Oil)
- 2 tsp (30 ml) curry powder (I never measure this and put more in 😉 )
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) golden raisins (I use red Thompson raisins)
- 1 can (13.5oz/398ml) coconut milk
- Rice OR Long thin French Fries (large bag – follow directions on bag)
1.If serving on rice – make rice. If serving on French Fries (I know….it’s awesome), prep the oven and get baking.
2. Chopped up onion into small pieces and cook in olive oil (or vegetable oil) until soft.
3. Add in cauliflower, pepper, salt, carrots and curry powder – cook for 5-8 minutes (until cauliflower/carrots soften a little).
4. Add in raisins and chickpeas, then your coconut milk and cook for another 10 minutes or so. (Make sure you don’t burn it).
5. Once all cooked serve over rice or FRIES!!! I’ve never had curry over fries until having this at Krystol house months ago. It was the best idea ever! Might not be the healthiest choice….however, you can always make it with rice, couscous or another grain that you love.
Again – I altered the recipe from its original.
Do you like chickpeas?
Ever tried curried cauliflower?
What’s your favourite way to eat curry? On Rice, Fries, or something else?