I’ve been lighting up the pathways lately 😉 Well, my feet have been with the Night Runner 270 lights I received a few weeks ago. I’m going to say this upfront – THESE.ARE.AWESOME!
It’s been getting dark earlier here and I’m still trying to run at night and early in the morning for my long runs. I’ve been wearing lots of reflective gear lately: vest, wrist pieces and clothing with reflective strips on them. The Night Runner 270 lights are the newest addition to my running.
The first night I tested them out I quickly put the lights on my sneakers after following the directions and was good to go! I was surprised at how easy it was to attach them to my runners. It was still fairly light outside when I started my run and I ran my normal 5k route in my subdivision. There were people out walking their dogs and children playing road hockey – can’t get more Canadian then that, eh!
When I passed the kids playing hockey, they turned to me and said “LOOK at her shoes” with surprised faces. I had a little laugh to myself and kept running. As it was getting darker the lights were making a noticeable difference in the ground in front of me. As my run progressed, so did the dark sky and I was running in complete darkness only able to see the ground in front of me with the aid of these lights.
A few runs later I was scheduled to do my 18k long run on my own. It was extremely dark out at 6 am and I felt like the Night Runner 270 lights gave me a little more confidence. It made running in the dark a little safer.
Now the facts:
- Two ultra-light LED light units
- Back-facing red lights
- 4-8 hour battery life
- Li-ion rechargeable battery
- 150 total lumens (2 units)
- 30+ meters in beam distance
- Bi-lateral ‘wing’ design
- Water-resistant unit
- Secure, stable, multi-position shoelace clips
- Free US Shipping (4-7) days
- International Shipping – Flat rate $9.95 (7-25 days)
- The patent pending bi-lateral ‘wing’ design features 270 degrees of visibility in front of the runner and two red tailights facing behind.
What I liked:
- Easy to turn on/off.
- They are easy to charge.
- Easy to use (put on and take off sneakers).
- Made me feel “seen” by oncoming traffic in the dark.
- Charger wires and lights can be stored in a bag so you don’t lose them.
- I like how I could see the uneven ground in front of me and what was coming up ahead.
- Extremely light weight. I often forgot they were attached to my shoes a while after I had turned off the lights.
- I also thought it was funny that I could see any reflective signs (stop signs, street signs) as I run. They light up far in advance to the point that I thought something else was lighting them up.
What I didn’t like:
- To be 100% honest, there wasn’t anything I didn’t like about them. As mentioned I often forgot they were on my shoe when not turned on.
- I wish I could buy them at a local store, however you can purchase them online.
I need to back up a bit and share this with you. When I opened the box and tried them on in my house I had many thoughts go through my head. Everything from “sweet these will be awesome when the lights go out” to “I wondering if I can use them this winter to shovel the snow in my driveway. Seriously, I even thought that I could pay night-time tag with the girls in the house – could you imagine! No, they have yet to see how they work but once they do I know they will want to try them out 😉
To learn more about Night Runner 270 lights you can find it on social media here:
What do you think about these lights for running (or walking)?
Would these lights help your running?
Do you feel safe running in the dark?
Note: Thank you to Night Runner 270 for providing me your product to review. You have definitely change they way I run now.