Motivation to run is probably at it’s lowest point in a long time. Not sure why but for some reason I’m somewhat okay with that.
Basically, I’m focusing on building my base because soon I’ll be training for a 10k in May (I think) and Half Marathon in June. I don’t want to go into training empty – you know what I mean? I want to have maintained my fitness so that when I start those training plans I’m not struggling like I have before. Mind you last year, I trained for what would have been my 3 & 4th half marathon with a major hamstring injury.
My hamstring still isn’t 100%! What, a year or more later and it’s not better? Yes and No. You see, IF I don’t stretch properly after a run, I’m in a lot of pain so stretching is key for me. I need to get back into foam rolling regularly again too!
The first three weeks I shared my “building my base” in the same format I did with my training plans. Not this week. Since I’m catching you up on two weeks, I decided to keep it simple.
- Monday 8th: Yoga Class
- Tuesday: 2k treadmill run, wasn’t feeling it.
- Wednesday: Noth.ing
- Thursday: Skipping & 5k treadmill run
- Friday: Downhill Skiing for 2 hours by myself. (Vacation)
- Saturday: Nothing.
- Sunday: Skating with the family.
- Monday 15th: Skiing with the family. (Holiday)
- Tuesday: Skiing with a friend. (Vacation)
- Wednesday: Rest Day. Went to bed early, was exhausted.
- Thursday: 5 minutes of skipping, 5k treadmill run, 50 squats
- Friday: Rest Day. Just exhausted with life and wanted to go to bed early.
- Saturday: Nothing. Unless shopping kid less for 3 hours counts? Seriously, my body was aching from running errands all afternoon.
- Sunday: 7k treadmill run. Finally this was a great run, I felt great during the run and after. So nice to end the week with a GOOD run!
That’s it. I’m happy with being active in a variety of things but missing the consistency of running a lot. Really, it’s February and I can’t complain. I’ve logged more km running then last year already. I’ve been skiing three times, went to yoga twice so far and did a little skating with the family.
Though my motivation and interest in running is low….I’m still working hard at building my base…or should I say maintaining my base now.
How’s your month of February going?
Anyone else struggling like me?