Happy Friday!!!!!! I’m sure all those teachers who started back this week are happy to see Friday on their calendar (I would be). I love weekends because it means that I get to spend time with my family…and not at work. Don’t get me wrong, I like my job but I love spending time with my family more.
I’m going to hook up today with the Friday Five’s but not write about food. I’m going to write about five things happening right now.
- Back to School started and was a great success. Lilly was really excited about her new teacher but more importantly seeing her friends. I asked her a bunch of questions last night and she was the most excited for the reading corner in her classroom! Apparently it has a large mat with the alphabet and 1 pillow with more to follow. Little things are big things.
- Bike Rides & Outdoors: I’m hoping to get out for a few bike rides this weekend since it actually made my ankle feel better when I went Sunday & Monday. Its’ been a pretty sad state for me these days. Contemplating workouts but just not having the motivation to even get in my workout clothing. The girls having been riding their bikes again so I’m hoping we get to take them on the trail…you know, change it up from riding their bikes on our street.
- Family: I’m looking forward to spending the weekend with my family. It’s rare that we get a whole weekend together. I’m sure we’ll even watch some of the Paralympics too (have you seen those athletes – woah!).
- Running: I want to run, that’s no surprise! I may or may not go for a run in the next few days. I am going to run my double race at Maritime Race weekend but still on the fence between 5k or 10k on the Saturday. I’m thinking 5k since I’ll be running 5k the night before but so tempted by the 10k course 🙂 I have until Thursday to decide.
- Canva: I just discovered this website through some other bloggers. See the picture above…way cooler then I’ve done before! Look it up, you’ll love it!
Thanks to Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?! for hosting the Friday Five’s!
I’m posting more over on Instagram these days and even opened up a second account that is just me and the family…almost no running photos (shocker, I know!).
What’s happening right now for you? Back to school for your kids, training for a race, racing this weekend, spending time with family, loving the weather lately?
Have a great weekend!
13 thoughts on “Friday Five – What’s Happening Right Now”
MY VERY FIRST NON BACK TO SCHOOL YEAR. Kinda bittersweet!
Isn’t canva amazing! I love it and feel like a graphic artist when i use it…
Yay for bike rides and the good ol’ outdoors! I feel you on the lack of motivation lately – it’s good to know we’re not alone in that either!
I can’t believe I didn’t know about it before! Hope you get your motivation back soon!
I’ll have to check out Canva…never heard of it LOL I’m headed to a half marathon tomorrow…my 6th time at this event!
It was the first time I’ve heard about it too! Good luck with your half marathon!!!!
Canva is pretty cool and it’s free! I have a few others that I like too.. PicMonkey…AdobePost…and my fave, Snapseed.
It’s awesome! I’ve never tried Adobe Post or Snapseed, will have to check those out!
I love Canva! It is a game changer! I have 7 miles on tap in the morning and then it is time for a little football! Enjoy 🙂
It sire is! Hope your 7 mile run was glorious!
Canva is a great tool, isn’t it? I love using it, and PicMonkey, depending on what I’m trying to accomplish.
I can’t believe I’ve never heard of Canva before now!
I know about Canva, but haven’t used it!! I need to give it a try. I hope you have a great week!!
Your daughters look adorable. Don’t know whether they love running like you. My daughter likes running so we often run in the park in the early morning. And I’ve never heard of Canva before but I’ll give it a try. Thanks for sharing.