Yup, I’m far behind in wrapping up stuff for 2016 and no, I don’t have my goals fully set for 2017 but I’m working on it.
Last year I had a number of goals I wanted to achieve over twelve months. Some I did and some I fell short on and some didn’t even make the cut. C’est la vie! I’m not going to get too caught up in what I did or didn’t do, or dwell on it. It’s time to move on, set new goals and accomplish new things.
My 2016 goals were:
- Skate on the Oval: Nope – move to 2017.
- Cross train more:
- Do more yoga – Yes and continue.
- Cycle (outdoors and indoors) – Outdoors yes, indoors not yet.
- Strength training and PT exercises – Okay for the first six months then it kinda went south.
- Run three new races: I ran two new-to-me races: Johnny Miles Half Marathon and Heart of the Valley 5k.
- Improve my times in 5k, 10k and Half Marathon distances – Nope. 😦
- Be a pace bunny again. Sadly I was too injured. This was disappointing.
- Represent Team Nuun – Yup, I think so.
- Avoid injuries! Ba ha ha ha! Wishful thinking! A nice ankle injury mid August.
- Ski and skating this winter – We did good at skiing but not skating.
- More time together, less time apart. Yup!
- Take a vacation with just my husband. Nope…no vacation. 😦
- Go camping and paddle this summer together. Nope. We did camp in our backyard which was fun but not a a campsite.
- Blog three times / week. – I started off pretty good then kinda slowed down.
- Take a blogging course. Did this last January.
- Limit evening social media. Started off the year good but then it went out the door.
- Volunteer more. A little bit – coached soccer for both of my daughters.
- Be a better Mom. I tried but can’t say I nailed this one.
- Take a pottery class. Nope….still on my list to do some day.
- Go to bed earlier. I started off doing really good with getting to sleep earlier but that too went out the door fast.
There you have it! A pretty simple post for my 2016 goals. I don’t feel I need to reflect on these in depth but didn’t want to leave ya hangin’ 😉 As I mentioned, I’m still working on my 2017 goals but hope to have that done soon to share with you!
Did you set and achieve your 2016 goals?
What’s one thing you didn’t do in 2016 that you want to do in 2017?
Have you set any goals for 2017? (Or still working on them like me?)