Happy Global/National Running Day!
Are you getting out for a run today? On your own, with a friend or group? I’m looking forward to running tonight with my running buddy. I haven’t been blogging much lately and I’m behind on sharing my May mileage/June Goals. I figured today would be a good day to share them.
No doubt, May was a great month of increased mileage. It helps when you have long runs to do!
Okay, I’ll be honest – I wrote my May goals and never looked back at them until drafting this post! I have such great intentions but don’t always use my own resources to keep me on track. Having said that, I do try to make my goals realistic and things that I want to work on anyway – nothing new or outrageous. There were:
- Run more outside + Runches – Did this.
- Add in more strength training to my half marathon training plan – a little bit but not really.
- Continue with my PT exercises for my back, ankle and hamstring – Yes.
- Go outside more with the girls (running, biking, hiking etc.) – I think so but wish I had more time to do this.
- Start Bullet Journaling since I’ve put it off for months – Nope. Thought about it.
- Bonus: Clean up my house (so many piles of “stuff” lying around everywhere!) – I started this, so yes.
Having gone through my list I didn’t really miss anything. I’ve thought about starting my bullet journal many times in May but just never sat down to actually do it. I clean randomly when I have time…ha ha, what mother has time to deep clean!!!! This is going slow. Moving on….
- Relax about my running pace.
- Decrease social media time (gasp!!!).
- Figure out our summer holidays (book hotels/cottage etc.)
- Set up 1 page in my bullet journal to track “x” daily.
- Enjoy my upcoming half marathon.
- Check in at least once a week on these goals. *Yeah, this should be a good one.
That’s it. Now, let’s if I can stick to all of this. June is a busy month for our family. Lilly turns 7, I run my half marathon on Father’s Day – yeah planned that one well. Both girls and I start back up in soccer (5 days/week), work is busy, school ends on June 30th. Let’s hope we survive!
Have you set goals for June?
How was your month of May?
Are you running as part of Global/National Running Day?