What a busy week! I’m starting to feel a little nervous at how fast this half marathon is approaching.
When I signed up for Maritime Race Weekend last December (yup!), it was just a plan. Now, it’s four weeks away. That’s four more weeks of running but also back to school and a whole new schedule for our family with both girls in school. This is going to be a short and sweet kinda of post.
What was Planned vs What Really Happened:
- Monday: Stretch & Strengthen | Coached U6 soccer one last time.
- Tuesday: 7k | Yoga. I went to my weekly yoga class.
- Wednesday: 40 minute tempo run| 5k Runch. Rough run.
- Thursday: 5k + Strengthen|16k Long Run. You can read about it here.
- Friday: Rest Day| Rest Day. Nailed it again!
- Saturday: 8k Pace | 2 Soccer Games in the rain (1 win, 1 loss)
- Sunday: 16k Long Run| 2 Soccer Games in the heat and humidity (1 win, 1 loss).
It rained so much here Saturday, my whole body was soaked playing soccer – dripping socks and all. Sunday was extremely hot and humid, it was like night and day. Muddy/grassy cleats after Saturday’s games:
I missed lots of running this week – roughly 13-15 km but I’m pretty sure the 4 games of soccer on the weekend made up for any missed mileage. Do you know how much you can run in a 60 minute soccer game? All I can say is that I’m thankful for subs!
Weekly mileage: 21k running, 4 soccer games, 1 yoga class.
This coming week we have absolutely nothing going on in the evenings….NOTHING!!!! I’m hoping I can get in a few morning runs, my long run and maybe even some strength training – you know, that workout I’ve been basically ignoring for the last eight weeks. Sorry for the short post. I managed to sprain my pinky finger playing soccer (collision with a group of people), so I’m trying not to use it much.
How was your weekend?
When was the last time you played (ran, walked) outside in the rain?
Anyone race this weekend? I know there were some local races here!