August was a busy, busy month! I had set a goal of 100 km basically as a lofty goal but actually managed to meet it!
We started off August on vacation and ended it on vacation; played lots of soccer between both girls and I, and just hung out a lot together. We had one injury but it wasn’t me! My husband fractured his left arm cycling, so he’s on the injured list.
- Run 100 km – Yes, 101 km!
- Go on a LONG bike ride. I did one 23k ride but was hoping for further.
- Finish my frigging book. Nope! I’m officially giving up.
- Work on strength training to complement my running. Yoga & soccer count, right?
- Camping – Sadly this didn’t happen. Each opportunity we had to do this it rained.
- Paddling. This got rained out too – so disappointed.
I also started bullet journaling properly in August. Though it wasn’t a goal for August, it’s been something I’ve been wanting to do and finally managed to pull it off!
- Back to school (celebrate!).
- Run Maritime Race Weekend Tartan Twosome (5k & Half marathon) Sept 15/16.
- Keep running post half marathon.
- Ride my bike more – maybe 50 km of cycling.
- Bullet Journal my running.
Honestly, I’m so sad to see August end. Summer feels over and done with and the cooler temps have already started. I’ve been wearing pants and sweaters for a few days – yuck! I think I’m one of the few that want a few more weeks of the heat (don’t hate me).
How was your month of August?
Any goals for September?
Anyone have a BIG race coming up?