Another one bites the dust! Dun…dun….dun…
Life can sure throw you curve balls when you least expect it. I’ve blogged far less then ever before this month as life is just too busy to sit and write. Also, when you have a running blog and aren’t running or doing anything fitness related it’s kinda hard to write. Yes, I haven’t been running but only due to a new injury…or is it old? I dunno anymore. Curve balls aside, I’m trying to keep moving forward.
Mileage for November
Down & Out.
So for the last two weeks I’ve been injured. I was finally starting to feel really good with my back from my car accident in March and then hurt my lower back standing up. Something popped, I couldn’t stand straight for 4 days and it was horrible. Since I could barely stand, there was no running, no soccer, no yoga classes or anything else. This week (week 2 of being injured) I saw some slight improvements but still in pain and no running, soccer or yoga. I’m heading back to physio on Monday and can’t wait to get this sorted out. My Dr. believes it could be my SI Joint / piriformis muscle as that’s the area the hurts.
Running for me isn’t just about the next race or looking good in neon spandex (kidding). It’s about feeling good, feeling healthy, for my mental health, dealing with stress, a decompression in my busy day, among other things. So, the last two weeks of not running and being in a large amount of pain has been rough. However, I see the light at the end of the tunnel and have a physio appointment booked for Monday. Stay tuned for an update next week.
I have been walking A LOT lately. Walking is my thing (now).
I did not meet all my November goals and had high hopes I would. But you never know when something will happen to change your plans. You just have to deal with it as best you can and keep moving forward.
- Run 2-3 times a week – NOPE
- Design a half marathon training plan for Hypo Half (Jan 14th 2018). NOPE.
- Strength Training (Core workouts, IronStrength and old PT exercises). Started this but had to stop.
- Run outside as much as possible – NOPE.
- Dust off treadmill – YES!
- Start thinking about races for 2018 – YES, I have a few on my list and maybe a few surprises (provided I can sort out my ass…oh I mean glute/SI joint area.
- Renew Blog – Done for another year!
- Get into Physio and identify injury/recovery plan.
- Be active.
- Set up my bike trainer.
- Celebrate two special people getting older (youngest daughter and my husband).
- Decorate for Christmas *after birthdays*.
- Volunteer at my children’s school.
- Continue to blog weekly (including end of year posts).
- Bake cookies (vegan ones too) with my girls.
- Start to think about 2018 goals.
Though I’m frustrated and disappointed that I am injured and November did NOT go how I wanted it to, it was still a lovely month. I celebrated 10 years of marriage, got to watch my daughters play basketball, walked my dog every day, enjoyed a warm & cozy wood stove fire while we watch Christmas movies and I also tried aqua running! Minus the injury and pain, it was a good month!
How was your month of November?
Are you setting any December goals?
What’s one thing you want to do this month?