Happy last day of 2017!!! And….Happy New Year’s Eve!
I had planned on posted this early in the morning but didn’t have a chance to come back and finish it so…it’s now done. December was a month of getting back on my feet, back into physiotherapy for my back and hip, enjoying winter running and of course, lots of family time over the holidays! I had some specific goals for December and manged to accomplish …. all of them!
- Get into Physio and identify injury/recovery plan. – Yes, still going.
- Be active. Yes – more active then last month (thank you physio).
- Set up my bike trainer. Yes – on Dec 28th and almost all by myself!
- Celebrate two special people getting older (youngest daughter and my husband). We had a fun birthday party for my daughter and then were spoiled for a complete stranger when we went out to dinner for my husband’s birthday. A gentleman paid for our meal – we were all blown away!
- Decorate for Christmas *after birthdays*. Yes – we started decorating around Dec 7th.
- Volunteer at my children’s school. Yes – they have a Christmas Shopping party every year and I volunteered all day.
- Continue to blog weekly (including end of year posts). I did blog weekly but just!
- Bake cookies (vegan ones too) with my girls. We baked lots of vegan treats!
- Start to think about 2018 goals. Slowly but surely I’m thinking about them.
A few extra accomplishments this month: I became a 2018 Tiux & Nuun ambassador again!!! Pretty excited about being part of these programs again! This is the first month I managed to do all my monthly goals! As for my running mileage, I managed a few great snowy trail runs with Carmacks and a few treadmill runs.
- Running: 44 km
- Aqua Running: 2 classes
- Yoga: 1 class
- Skiing: 1 (Dec 31st)
- Soccer: Missed a lot of games 😦
I’ll be wrapping up my full mileage from 2017 in the New Year as I haven’t had time to put together that lengthy post. All of the goals I set in December were things I wanted to do and made time to do…some at the very last minute. Looking back, though it was stressful it was a great month.
Did you set and achieve any goals in December?
Was December a busy month for you?
How are you celebrating New Years?
Hope you have a great New Year’s Eve! All the best in 2018!
I don’t always post on here but you can find me posting daily over at Instagram.