Each month, I set goals and try hard to accomplish them but sometimes life just happens and you can’t accomplish them.
My whole family got hit hard with the flu and we were all out for a 7-10 day period. That meant lots of sleeping and doing zero activity other then walking our dog. Life happens and you move on, you dust off the dirt and keep moving forward. I did not meet my April goals but didn’t give up on trying, that’s for sure!
- Run 80 km. Nope – 77 km of running, so close! I wasn’t keeping track each week so had no idea I was 3 km off until May 1st.
- Cycle 100 km – nope. I managed 53 km.
- Play outside with my kids – Yes and No. While we were sick we did nothing outdoors except one 25 minute bike ride in the freezing cold. I though fresh air would be good and they were pumped to get on their bikes. None of us lasted long.
- Start/Finish book – Nope. I started a book and thought I’d finish it when I was home sick for a week but I couldn’t even read!
- Strength Training 2 x week – Not really. I do an upper body workout with some weights when I’m on my bike but that was only 3 times in the whole month.
- Continued PT exercises – Yes, I did this! They are a stable in my workouts now, except after long runs. No PT after running for hours, okay 2 hours. My body just doesn’t like the timing.
Not a great month reaching my goals but I’m not disappointed. Okay, I’m disappointed that I missed the 80 km of running by 3 km…but if I was paying attention to my accumulative distance I would have run 3k on the last day of the month to get it in.
I’m keeping it real simple this month. Run my half marathon on May 20th, take my bike off my indoor trainer so I can ride outside with my family and get in more strength training.
Have you set goals for May?
Did you meet all your April goals?
Are you a go big or go home goals or small and simple?
One thought on “April & May Goals”
Those look like great goals! Sometimes keeping it simple and being able to accomplish everything on the list helps to build momentum.