After a busy week and little sleep early on in the week I managed to do some activity. I posted my workout goals for the week here. Let’s see how I did:
27 Weeks Pregnant:
Sunday – Fit MOM DVD and 10 minutes Prenatal Yoga.
Monday – Rest day. Went to be at 8pm (very little sleep the night before)
Tuesday – 30 minute walk at night
Wednesday – Rest Day
Thursday – Rest Day
Friday – Physio appointment for ligament pain I am having (again) during pregnancy – learned new ball exercises to do. Repeated again at home 10 – 15 minutes.
Saturday – 30 minute walk mid morning and ball exercises 10 – 15 minutes
All taped up!
(I’m sure this is going to hurt when I take it off….but it’s a fun colour at least)
Ball Exercises (recommended by Physiotherapist)
- Abdominal bracing
- Anterior/posterior tilt
- Knee Lift
- Knee lift with arms overhead
- Knee lift with alternate arm touch
- Truck rotation with arms straight
~A little water
~Optional: protein powder, chia seeds other fruit, juice.
Did you work out this week?
What did you do?
I set my goals last Sunday after have a great week working out…we’ll….let’s say “being active” at 25/26 weeks pregnant. And I failed pretty darn good at them this week!
That’s life. I’ll get to my workouts in a minute.
I’ve been making a lot of smoothies this summer, much to Lilly’s delight. She loves them too. Recently, I got tired of making them individually and decided to “package” them and freeze them to take out when I want one.
What I did:
- Cut all the fruit I wanted in the smoothie
- Put a little bit of all the fruit in a zip lock bag – had 3 smoothies ready to go!
- Made 1 smoothie to drink right away
- Froze the rest in the freezer
- Take out 1 bag when I want a smoothie
- Orange (I used a grapefruit as I didn’t have any oranges and didn’t love it until I made it again with an orange)
- Coconut Yogurt
- Other: You can add a protein powder, chia seeds, other tropical fruit.
Last week’s workouts: September 2nd – September 9th: You can read last week’s goals here.
Sunday September 2nd
- Walked around the Zoo with Lilly for 1 hour
- 30 minute walk at night
Monday September 3rd
- Went to bed at 8pm – so tired
Tuesday September 4th
- Went to bed at 8pm – tired again – no workout 😦
Wednesday Sept 5th
- No workout – was on the road all day and on my own with Lilly for 3 days (while working)
Thursday Sept 6th
- Walked for 30 minutes at night
Friday Sept 7th
- Decided not to work out but watch TV and read baby books with hubby
Saturday Sept 8th
- Spend the day running … okay walking around doing errands (very successful day when you don’t have a toddler around)
- Walked for 30 minutes at night – amazing temperature to be outside walking
Sunday September 9th (during Lilly’s nap)
- Fit MOM DVD 25 minutes roughly
- 10 minutes Prenatal Yoga via Fit Sugar
Goals for this week:
Monday: Fit Mom DVD or rest
Wednesday: was planning on going to Prenatal Yoga Class but it’s cancelled this week 😦 I will rest as I have 4 meetings at work on Wednesday – yikes!
Friday – rest
Saturday – unknown at this point, something with the family and maybe a walk.
Sunday – walk or Fit Mom DVD
Let’s see how well I make out this week!
What workouts did you do this week?
Do you plan your workouts?
What’s your favourite smoothie?
Motivation Monday (getting close to wrapping this up)
What I Ate Wednesday (haven’t done in a while)
Second Hand Shopping (for those who know me, I suck at it)
This week I didn’t set any specific goals of working out, other than to do my DVD once and walk a few times. It was a full week of work for me but the temperatures have been cooling off in Nova Scotia. It’s been great for me at 25 weeks pregnant.
My workouts for last week (August 26th – September 1st):
Sunday August 26th:
- 30 minute walk (in the dark – sure getting darker earlier)
Monday August 27th
Tuesday August 28th
- Rest day (plus it was raining outside – good timing for a rest day)
Wednesday August 29th
- 30 minute walk (a little earlier at night than Sunday)
Thursday August 30th
Friday August 31st
- 29 minute walk (shaved off 1 minute from my 30 minute walk on same route)
- This was my best walk of the week; very little pain, able to walk a fast pace, my legs felt strong and the temperature outside was perfect
Saturday September 1st
- My plan was to do Fit MOM DVD but I decided to relax instead after a day out with the family.
That has been one of my best weeks for getting outside walking. It sure helps when your hubby is home at night otherwise it would be Fit MOM DVD at night and trying to fit in a walk during my lunch break at work.
25 weeks pregnant baby #2
(don’t be jealous of my 70’s rocking chair or the toys everywhere)
Workout’s planned for this week (with some flexibility):
- Sunday (today): Walk around the Zoo with Lilly for 1.5hours plus 30 minute walk at night
- Monday: Fit MOM DVD (my husband is out every Monday night at the Fire Hall for training plus I really don’t like anything on the TV so there isn’t any competition to be lazy)
- Tuesday – Fit MOM DVD (Hubby is away and can’t work out at lunch as I have a meeting over my lunch hour)
- Wednesday – Rest (Hubby is away and I am on the road all day)
- Thursday – Rest (I am on the road again all day)
- Friday – Walk for 30 minutes
- Saturday – Walk for 30 minutes (not sure if this will happen but better to plan and try to make it happen)
I sure do miss running – but am putting together a plan for after the baby arrives and into 2013 (5k’s, 10k’s and another 1/2 marathon in 2014).
What workout’s did you do last week?
What workout’s do you have planned for this week coming?
How do you juggle working out, working, your family etc?