I’m feeling like November is just too close for comfort! With basically a full week away, it’s going to be here before we know it. Which means, wrapping up October with some runfessions later this week and Halloween fun for all this week I’m sure!
- Sunday: Iron Strength Workout / Bike Ride / Walking Carmacks *ankle roll*
- Monday: Restorative Yoga
- Tuesday: Rest Day (was on the road for work all day)
- Wednesday: Short 3k run with Carmacks before the kids were up.
- Thursday: Soccer Game (we lost 3-1 but it was a great game).
- Friday: Rest Day.
- Saturday: Rest Day / Girls had their first basketball session and then I had to work. But it was fun work hosting a gender equity workshop for women interested in becoming board members (in sport & recreation). Though it was a super long day with my girls + working (they came too), it was a good day.
- Sunday: AM: Cleaning/washing and more cleaning. PM: Leisurely bike ride. I had the best bike ride with my girls. It was about 45 minutes in length but we stopped to say hi to a friend, then to play at a playground and in the woods, then back on the bike for some more fun before heading home.
Also, this is what biking with your kids looks like, granted this was an empty parking lot:
I feel like running has totally taken a back seat lately. I have very little interest in running before work but will do a short run with our dog. I enjoy going for a runch but really have to plan those ones out. I’m exhausted once I finally get the girls to bed at night and just not feeling like doing anything but dishes, making lunches, folding laundry – just kidding. I have a treadmill so it’s not like I have an excuse when my husband is working.
I’m sure running will creep back into my life more but it is what it is! I want to run a “Jingle Bell Run” early December and maybe even thinking about a winter half. A winter half in Nova Scotia can mean running on ice, snow or clear roads, it’s really hit or miss.
Though I might not be running, I am really loving getting out on my bike with my girls. Usually, they just bike up and down on our quiet road but last weekend I decided to bike with them. Yesterday we decided to bike to a friends house and the adventure just continued from there. No, I wasn’t going at my normal pace but it was so much more enjoyable to go at a slower pace WITH my kids.
My ankle is healing but not 100%. I wore a brace at my soccer game (and running) last week which helped. I was actually planning on weaning myself off the brace from last year’s ankle injury (inside of ankle not outside like now). Anyway, looks like I’ll be wearing it for a few more games until my recent ankle roll is 100%.
Have you ever run a winter half marathon?
Are you even thinking about Christmas themed races yet? (too soon).
How was your week?
I’m joining back into the Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.